Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Yeah, so....i went down today.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Chillaxin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Unhappy Yeah, so....i went down today.

Well, first of all. I'm glad to say that it finally happened, and that i survived it. I was in full gear, but was wearing my tennis shoes (skater adidas, so they had a good amount of padding.

I was turning out onto the main road outside my apt complex. Its a two lane road in each direction, and i was going left. I pull out in front of a few folks, but had a good amount of space between myself and them. I got on the gas mid turn, and not hard at all. Next thing i know, my rear is sliding all over the place, and then, boom!! I'm down.......and draggin.....and still holding onto the bike (for some subconscious reason, i just didnt want to leave her), i dragged with her about 10 feet and decided to let go. Once stopped, i got up. And when i stood, i noticed i was missing my shoe, so i found it and put that shit on.

All in all, it was a rather fun experience ( i know that doesnt sound good coming from a rider, but seeing as the motto says we all go down at some point, im glad that mine wasnt a bad one). I was doing about 40mph's, so it wasnt a slow fall at all, and im really glad i held onto the bike for as long as i did, otherwise im sure the cars on either side of the road would have hit me. No head, neck, or spinal injuries However, im suffering from contutions, abrasions, bruises and scrapes on mainly my legs, the worst contution being my right ass cheek, JESUS THIS FUCKER HURTS.

The bike has seen better days, i saw a lot of oil at the seen before moving the bike back to my apt complex, and i havent looked over the rest of it. I havent even got my frame sliders yet The frame looks fine, my clutch lever is bent to fucking hell, my left fairing has seen better days, and the rest of the bike is fine. So fine in fact, that it started a few minutes after I picked it up.

For those of you who dont wear gear, i feel sorry for you sons of bitches, cuz even with gear on you get hurt, but without it!? Psssh, i'd hate to be you at that moment. to Joe Rocket and Suomy
Old 03-16-2006, 12:36 PM
SR20DET

mikesmazda200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yeah, so....i went down today.

That sucks, glad to hear that you are OK.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Blood Money

turbo9mm is an unknown quantity at this point

glad to hear your alright bro and hope you get your bike back up and running soon. haha you went back and got the shoe lol
Old 03-16-2006, 12:50 PM

DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA

glad your alright man, i went down a few days ago, taking a left turn just like that but i hit grease or oil and my front tire washed out.... tore my pants up but not a scratch on the bike not even on the frame slider
Old 03-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

damn...glad u didn't get hurt bad. this isn't the r1 that you just got is it?
gear = good!
Old 03-16-2006, 12:57 PM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

How much gear did you have on? did you have on riding pants or just jeans? was there any damages to your feet since your shoes slid off?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by Chino
damn...glad u didn't get hurt bad. this isn't the r1 that you just got is it?
gear = good!
Yeah. My new fucking baby! I just went back out there to look at it, there are scratches to the back of the frame, and my kick stand is all fucked up, still usuable, but the little notches that were are on it are gone now. I really wish i had the fucking frame sliders.

Originally Posted by turbo9mm
glad to hear your alright bro and hope you get your bike back up and running soon. haha you went back and got the shoe lol
Hahaha, cmon now kid! I couldnt leave my kicks out on the street! Would you have left yours? hahahaha.

Originally Posted by profroopchan
How much gear did you have on? did you have on riding pants or just jeans? was there any damages to your feet since your shoes slid off?
Helmet, Jacket, gloves, regular jeans, and skater shoes.

I still dont know at what point the shoes came off, but.....and thank you GOD for this but......my feet didnt sustain injury at all really. Roadrash to the ankle on my left food, and a little bit high on my right ankle i got a really hard blow that left a crucial bruise. All i'm saying is gear is important. Better than sandals, shorts, and wife beater, with a tin can cap for a helmet.

Last edited by Mr.6; 03-16-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Blood Money

turbo9mm is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha if the shoes still looked good then i would grab them but if they were fucked I would leave them in the road like roadkill haha.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by turbo9mm
hahaha if the shoes still looked good then i would grab them but if they were fucked I would leave them in the road like roadkill haha.
hahaha, actually, i think because they had came off my feet instead of dragin with me, they sustained NO damage, well, light drag marks, but not much at all.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

were the tires new or gravel or oil or just freak slip?

man that sucks..you just got that bike!