Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Winter Gear Ideas?!

Old 11-27-2007, 08:44 PM
where are my balls!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger
Default Winter Gear Ideas?!

This is for those riders who ride year round...

What is your personal preference on how you gear up for a bone chilling winter ride?

How many layers?
What brands

and most important...are you comfertable in it?

I made this thread b/c my truck broke down and i was forced to ride the bike saturday...it was f*E&# freezing...my hands were blue, but my chest was nice and warm...but i didn't have all that much mobility (kind of scared me)

SO for all those guys and girls who ride when everyone else wants to get in there 4 wheeled gas guzzler. Give me some of the tricks of the trade!

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

wwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud of
Default Re: Winter Gear Ideas?!

what kind of bike are you riding? I put some dirt bike hand protector/brush guard thingys on my streetfighter to protect my hands from wind... flannel lined pants... underarmor, fleece, jacket... scarf is critical... but get it all tucked in, you don't want it flapping.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

Lower:sweatpants on top of my lower body armour then my riding jeans
Upper: under armour, undershirt, shirt long sleeve shirt, hoodie, riding jacket
head: winter baclava, bandana, helmet
hands: winter riding gloves... sometimes
feet: thick socks & boots
Old 11-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

-first do yourself a favor and buy some heated grips.....they're about $30 plus a new set of grips to install. I'm going to get a set put on once it gets colder.

-textile jacket because nothing sucks when you're being cold than getting wet as well. I have a olympia ast jacket which I bought in fredericksburg at the dealer. For the money $289 there isn't a better textile. It's a 3/4 jacket as well. Mine is in hi-visibility eye bleeding yellow

-textile pants because jeans leak air. Anything will work here

-neck gaiter thingso cold air isn't getting on your neck....like $10 bucks and acts like a scarf but doesn't look nearly as gay

-if your bike's electrics can handle it a heated jacket liner is $200ish

-glove liners are cheap if you don't want to buy insulated gloves...mine were $10ish

-hippo hands for snowbiles are like huge gloves that go over the handlebars and levers are also awesome

if you did all that you're comfortable in a faired bike down to the 0's or 10's. Just layering up helps but only to a certain point

feel your pain because it feels colder here at 35 degrees than it did in wisconsin at 20 degrees
Old 11-28-2007, 08:02 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

I usually wear two pairs of socks, one of them is wool lined in spots (bought them for snowboarding). Pair of boots. Fleece pajama pants under my jeanes. Usually a long sleeve shirt, hoodie, and my leather jacket. Bandana over my lower face. And just recently I started wearing my Burton inner liner gloves over my regular summer gloves, and that works great.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:30 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

I just wear whatever.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:13 AM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

ummmm

head: helmet, bandana and hood from my hoody

body: wife beater, 2 thermal shirts, long sleeve shirt, hoody, leather jacket

legs: thermal pants, sweat pants (kinda nut huggerish) , jeans

feet: long pair of socks with another pair of THICK socks on top and boots

hands: just my summer gloves but my hands fucking freeze but since i ride an RR i just put my hands by the exhaust at lights to warm my hands a little.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:39 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by EH3_SOHC
hands: just my summer gloves but my hands fucking freeze but since i ride an RR i just put my hands by the exhaust at lights to warm my hands a little.
Haha! I do the same thing all the time.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered member

supraBoy has disabled reputation

I bought A Turtle Neck Brand Neck warmer. It works wonders, i just tuck the bottom poriton under my jacket then i pull up the upper portion under my helmet.

Its basically a turtle neck, but with out the shirt sweater, just the neck part!
Old 11-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

MrJasey has disabled reputation

get a ski neckwarmer thingy. priceless

Quick Reply: Winter Gear Ideas?!