Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

What would make you buy a Harley?

Old 01-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the rough
Default What would make you buy a Harley?

I know most people here are all about the sportbikes but what kind of deal would make you buy a Harley? Even a V-Rod? I know of a really good deal on a V-Rod and I'm considering it as an investment since Harley's seem to hold their value pretty well. Just looking for some opinions but I know there are some of you that wouldn't ride a Harley if one was dropped on your doorstep, tax free. However, there's gotta be some folks out there that would ride one.

It's always been the price of one for me but this is a brand new V-Rod for about half the sticker. Your thoughts?
Old 01-10-2008, 07:47 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation
Default Re: What would make you buy a Harley?

buy it... ride it a couple of miles..then sell it for what its worth. makes sum pennys on it
Old 01-10-2008, 07:52 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

I'd ride a few that I've seen. But not many.

Btw, I'm not flaking on that bike. I keep having "buyers" for the car that fall through. But the day it sells I'll be calling you.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 AM
Registered Member

thecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the rough

Very cool man. I've found a very affordable V-Rod that's been sitting at the dealer for 2 years. It's an '06 model and they're willing to knock off a lot of money for it. I don't think $10k is bad for a Harley, especially considering it's not a Sportster or even air-cooled.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:30 AM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

An "investment" would be a bit of a stretch especially if new. V-rods are on the bottom end when it comes to holding their value as far as HD's are concerned. Not being air-cooled is a huge minus for many of the HD faithful. Just not going to be the same as a night train, bagger or some of the softtails but they definitely won't drop off the cliff in value like the imports. If I wanted a new cruiser the HD's are a no-brainer as you can buy one....ride it for a couple years and then sell it for fairly close to what you paid. The days of huge waiting lists are mostly over and there's always tons of them for sale everywhere so people aren't paying over sticker and waiting 6 months like they were back in the day

I still lust after a Harley Nightster and may get one if I don't get a Bonneville. I'd want to keep it forever though as I've never really wanted a HD until I saw that one. $10-11k is still a lot of coin for it though
Old 01-11-2008, 05:44 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

if i got fat (god forbid) when i was old(er)
i may get one
Old 01-11-2008, 08:54 AM
d00d

duder is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll take that Buell 1125r which they finally got in at hampton roads HD. That sort of counts as riding a harley right? Except they used a better engine which wasn't harley.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:56 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

yeah, it's got a rotax in it.. which is fucking SICK. bout time buell had a motor that could keep up with thier chassis.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Inglip 2012

WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner

Half of sticker? I'd buy it if I could turn around and flip it immediately for a profit...but not otherwise.

When I'm old I'll buy a Goldwing...not a Harley.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Going absolutely batshit insane would do it for me; nothing less.

Quick Reply: What would make you buy a Harley?