VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   Well I'm back.... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/well-im-back-182663/)

s2k7 04-07-2007 05:58 AM

Well I'm back....

Told you guy's I'd be back sooner or later. I've always been a Yamaha guy, until I was fortunate enough to ride a girls Gixxer at work at loved the way it felt. So I purchased a 07 Black GSXR just yesterday. I've got a total of 5 miles on it now.....go me! So i've got a lot of breaking in to do before I can ride again with some of you.

Corey 04-07-2007 06:02 AM

Re: Well I'm back....

...and you could have bought mine. Did they give you a good deal? I know you're a return customer and they usually treat return customers well.

Bustadust 04-07-2007 07:25 AM

where did u buy it from?

Stea1thy 04-07-2007 07:51 AM

tiiiiight congrats man, but you left out what cc it is!

Corey 04-07-2007 01:56 PM

I'd bet he bought it from Casey. He deals with them for four-wheeler stuff, IIRC.

s2k7 04-07-2007 02:06 PM

I purchased it at Casey, I've purchased my 1st bike from them, a dirt bike and my 4 wheeler from them. Plus, they are still in partnership (a tiny bit, which is why they still have to keep the name) with my work so I got a bit more knocked off (we really get our discount with the parts working for casey, i get them at cost even though Casey doesn't own them anymore) Yeah, its another 600 for me....I really had my eye set on that black/orange 1k up there but I'm a small guy, that bish was way too much for me. I won't lie haha.

Corey, I didn't buy yours because I've been waiting the black/matte finish one to come in for 2 weeks now. Plus, I got it cheaper than what your selling your bike for :D (although you do have mod's)

djgrom 04-07-2007 04:50 PM

ride the shit out of it for 99 miles, or as steve said ride it like you stole it and change the oil break in period done.

Corey 04-08-2007 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord (Post 2957510)
I purchased it at Casey, I've purchased my 1st bike from them, a dirt bike and my 4 wheeler from them. Plus, they are still in partnership (a tiny bit, which is why they still have to keep the name) with my work so I got a bit more knocked off (we really get our discount with the parts working for casey, i get them at cost even though Casey doesn't own them anymore) Yeah, its another 600 for me....I really had my eye set on that black/orange 1k up there but I'm a small guy, that bish was way too much for me. I won't lie haha.

Corey, I didn't buy yours because I've been waiting the black/matte finish one to come in for 2 weeks now. Plus, I got it cheaper than what your selling your bike for :D (although you do have mod's)

Yoshimura stopped making the dual tip cyclones and one just sold on Ebay for nearly $1500. I'm about to remove it, sell it and sell the bike cheaper. lol

seanazzy 04-08-2007 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord (Post 2956755)
Told you guy's I'd be back sooner or later. I've always been a Yamaha guy, until I was fortunate enough to ride a girls Gixxer at work at loved the way it felt. So I purchased a 07 Black GSXR just yesterday. I've got a total of 5 miles on it now.....go me! So i've got a lot of breaking in to do before I can ride again with some of you.

did you get the 1000...how you like the mode switch if so? i hear it's money

Corey 04-08-2007 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by seanazzy (Post 2958372)
did you get the 1000...how you like the mode switch if so? i hear it's money

He got a black on black 600.

gobi42 04-08-2007 07:55 AM

Well congrats on the zook; lol; i too am a proud owner of a 07 zook but i went for the black and orange 1000 but i don't get to pick it up until friday; so it's going to be a long week of waiting; but sounds like you got a great deal man

s2k7 04-08-2007 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 2958347)
Yoshimura stopped making the dual tip cyclones and one just sold on Ebay for nearly $1500. I'm about to remove it, sell it and sell the bike cheaper. lol

cha' that bish is still forsale on fuelmotousa which is where you bought yours. People are dumb haha

Corey 04-08-2007 03:35 PM

It's for sale there because Jamie just got a shipment. People were waiting for 6 months to get theirs. I got mine from his first shipment that came in quite a while ago. I doubt Jamie will be getting anymore after this shipment. I get quite a few pms every week about the damn exhaust. People want to know what it is, how much it cost, where can they get it, etc.

What you plan to get for yours?

Rich 04-08-2007 03:48 PM

Be careful Nate.............don't get your pant leg caught my friend. ;)

s2k7 04-08-2007 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by DoingOK (Post 2959361)
Be careful Nate.............don't get your pant leg caught my friend. ;)

Won't happen this time haha

I don't know...it's toss up. Lovin that r55 but I'm also REALLY digging the m4 gp series in Matte black. I hear its a loud bish', but not in a totally drone your ears out loud. I like the style of them keeping it small. Can't beat those HP gains with the r55 though. I want something loud this time :D

djgrom 04-08-2007 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 2958347)

Never big on those dual tip dealios

Corey 04-08-2007 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by djgrom (Post 2959454)
Never big on those dual tip dealios

Apparently a lot of people are (except Yoshi since they stopped making them).

djgrom 04-08-2007 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 2959461)
Apparently a lot of people are (except Yoshi since they stopped making them).

Hahaha just one man's opinion. Not going to like every thing that is out there but I respect those who do like it. Just does not do it for me. Looks to awkward for me.

Corey 04-08-2007 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord (Post 2959447)
Won't happen this time haha

I don't know...it's toss up. Lovin that r55 but I'm also REALLY digging the m4 gp series in Matte black. I hear its a loud bish', but not in a totally drone your ears out loud. I like the style of them keeping it small. Can't beat those HP gains with the r55 though. I want something loud this time :D

I'm not a fan of the R55 at all. The bend in the pipe under the bike where the cat is (or was) is stupid. It looks dumb as hell.

The M4 is loud, but there are louder (my pipe for example). I wouldn't buy it though. There were some major quality issues with the pipes and M4 wouldn't own up to them. Many owners bought new pipes because of this.

Corey 04-08-2007 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by djgrom (Post 2959464)
Hahaha just one man's opinion. Not going to like every thing that is out there but I respect those who do like it. Just does not do it for me. Looks to awkward for me.

Yeah, a lot of people said the same thing about the short GP style pipes when they started coming out. They make the pipe like mine with one big tip. I just like the dual tip better. :D

djgrom 04-08-2007 04:40 PM

I am kind of OCD with symmetry so while most bikes have only one pipe where there are dual pipes or single under tail pipes I like those even more. I do not even have a rational reason really. I really do like the quality of Yoshi's exhausts though they are probably the hottest units out there.

Corey 04-08-2007 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by djgrom (Post 2959482)
I am kind of OCD with symmetry so while most bikes have only one pipe where there are dual pipes or single under tail pipes I like those even more. I do not even have a rational reason really. I really do like the quality of Yoshi's exhausts though they are probably the hottest units out there.

The thing that gets me about Yoshimura is that the US division uses a lower grade carbon fiber. The craftsmenship on the exhaust is not up to par with the Yoshimura Japan stuff either.

djgrom 04-08-2007 04:57 PM

Order JDM

s2k7 04-08-2007 05:12 PM

Uhm, I kind of doubt your Cyclone is louder than the m4. Don't get me wrong, I've heard the cyclone and it's loud. The m4 has more of that high pitched loudness, sorta like the f4 cars, the cyclone kinda leans a bit more towards the throaty sound. Maybe that's whats throwing my ears off when I've heard them in person. I don't know.

I haven't read anything about m4's quality yet. I've already been doing quite a bit of reading on the Gixxer forums ( I see your ass whoring it up on there haha) I've rocked it on my r6 and loved it. Show me some post's on it somewhere. Oh, and you're also crazy about the r55. Thats the hott bizz right now.

Corey 04-08-2007 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by djgrom (Post 2959519)
Order JDM

I did.

CRXtacy 04-08-2007 05:15 PM

I love my TRC and i think it sounds nice.....its loud, but not obnoxious loud. To tell you the truth i havent really been able to hear someone drive my bike since the exhaust has been broken in, but i just installed my k&N filter and did new plugs and it feels like a whole new bike. Oh just hit 10k mile :o

s2k7 04-08-2007 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by CRXtacy (Post 2959551)
I love my TRC and i think it sounds nice.....its loud, but not obnoxious loud. To tell you the truth i havent really been able to hear someone drive my bike since the exhaust has been broken in, but i just installed my k&N filter and did new plugs and it feels like a whole new bike. Oh just hit 10k mile :o

I got 6 now. woot bitch.

Calling the insurance company tomorrow. Looking forward to them reaming me a new asshole

Corey 04-08-2007 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord (Post 2959546)
Uhm, I kind of doubt your Cyclone is louder than the m4. Don't get me wrong, I've heard the cyclone and it's loud. The m4 has more of that high pitched loudness, sorta like the f4 cars, the cyclone kinda leans a bit more towards the throaty sound. Maybe that's whats throwing my ears off when I've heard them in person. I don't know.

I haven't read anything about m4's quality yet. Oh, and you're also crazy about the r55. Thats the hott bizz right now.

Where have you heard a Cyclone in person? I'm quite sure I'm the only local guy to have one. There aren't too terribly many in the US to begin with. I think Jamie is/was the only guy importing them.

The M4 still has an extra muffler (and cat?) under the bike. The Cyclone doesn't. Have you heard either in person? I tested my pipe at 122.4 db in the driveway at 10 feet. I've got a sound level meter whenever you want to use it.

Read a little about m4 more on gixxer.com. Look for the user Jasondd23.

And don't get me fucking started on the R55 either.

CRXtacy 04-08-2007 05:19 PM

hahaha we need to ride this week some....its going ot be chilly though. go through progressive.....as bad as my record is i only pay like 35 per month for liabilty.....now that im riding it more i might put comprehensive back on in case someone wants to throw it in their truck. That was 64 a month.

CRXtacy 04-08-2007 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 2959564)
Where have you heard a Cyclone in person? I'm quite sure I'm the only local guy to have one. There aren't too terribly many in the US to begin with. I think Jamie is/was the only guy importing them.

The M4 still has an extra muffler (and cat?) under the bike. The Cyclone doesn't. Have you heard either in person? I tested my pipe at 122.4 db in the driveway at 10 feet. I've got a sound level meter whenever you want to use it.

Read a little about m4 more on gixxer.com. Look for the user Jasondd23.

And don't get me fucking started on the R55 either.

id like to measure mine sometime... even even with my precat i think mine is up there.

Corey 04-08-2007 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by CRXtacy (Post 2959569)
hahaha we need to ride this week some....its going ot be chilly though. go through progressive.....as bad as my record is i only pay like 35 per month for liabilty.....now that im riding it more i might put comprehensive back on in case someone wants to throw it in their truck. That was 64 a month.

Fuck. I pay $22/month for full coverage. This weekend is supposed to be in the 60-70 degree range according to like 5 different places, but it's not a good weekend to ride. Too much stuff going on. Dragva BBQ and CNU show.

Originally Posted by CRXtacy (Post 2959574)
id like to measure mine sometime... even even with my precat i think mine is up there.

No problem. Whenever.

3xb18 04-08-2007 06:51 PM

I have the jardine on my 06 with a bmc race filter it is hella loud I ride with my buddy who has an m4 he says he can hear my exhaust over his. I started wearing earplugs..Aria with shitons of vents plus loud ass pipe- my ears ringing

R1Buttercup 04-09-2007 08:41 AM

Oh dear, Nate's back ;) OBTW don't leave your keys in the ignition :p

Corey 04-09-2007 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by 3xb18 (Post 2959804)
I have the jardine on my 06 with a bmc race filter it is hella loud I ride with my buddy who has an m4 he says he can hear my exhaust over his. I started wearing earplugs..Aria with shitons of vents plus loud ass pipe- my ears ringing

Where are you located? I'd like to get a test of a few other bikes. :thup:

3xb18 04-09-2007 02:08 PM

Yorktown.. Maybe me and my buddy could get up with you one day soon and test his m-4 and my Jardine out. pm me your #

CRXtacy 04-09-2007 02:42 PM

fastenal meet for the test??? nate can come for basline readings

CRXtacy 04-09-2007 02:43 PM

we can ride to the shows?????

Corey 04-09-2007 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by 3xb18 (Post 2961240)
Yorktown.. Maybe me and my buddy could get up with you one day soon and test his m-4 and my Jardine out. pm me your #

That should be fine. Brian (CRXtacy) wants to get everyone together to test 'em. He's got a steel Yoshimura TRC.

Originally Posted by CRXtacy (Post 2961330)
fastenal meet for the test??? nate can come for basline readings

That'll work. Maybe next weekend?

Originally Posted by CRXtacy (Post 2961334)
we can ride to the shows?????

I'm taking the ITR.

CRXtacy 04-09-2007 05:35 PM

its stainless steel asshole lol. and next weekend is cool....maybe itll get warm out by then.

ITR's FTL

Corey 04-09-2007 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by CRXtacy (Post 2961799)
ITR's FTL

Don't act like you don't miss yours.