Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

VIR AMA Race photos are up

Old 10-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default VIR AMA Race photos are up

For all you sorry bastards that didn't go...

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69839
Old 10-12-2004, 06:34 AM
Need More Horsepower

jaboe has disabled reputation
Default Re: VIR AMA Race photos are up

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
For all you sorry bastards that didn't go...

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69839
We were there on Sunday. Actually we parked 2 rows behind yours and Ted's bike. We got there around 11, walked around for a few then went over and hung out with the guys from Ken's for the first Superbike race. And let me tell you that dam horn the kid (Kevin's son) kept blowing was loud as shit.

Oh... guess what I managed to get, or what was given to me. I was given an official Yoshimura Suzuki Team pit crew shirt. Now this is not the pit shirts you can buy from Suzuki, but the official shirt with all the team sponsors stitched in. This was courtesy of Greg Wood (crew member) It was crazy, I just walked over when they were loading up the bikes and asked if I could buy one form somewhere with the team sponsors or if I could buy one from them. He said oh no you can only get the official shirts if your part of the team. Then he was like... I tell you what hang around and when we finish loading up the bikes come and see me and I will give you one. Needless to say I did and he gave me the shirt right off his back. Folded it up so you could not see the logos and said keep this hush hush and I'll catch you next year. I was like hell yeah. I put in the cleaners yesterday and will put it in a safe place for now. Hey this may not be much to some people but..... to me it was like gold... Suzuki's 5th championship team crew shirt. And Mladin really is not the ass people think he is. I had a chance to talk to him after the second race when the team was loading up. Cool guy..... said he was off to Japan in two days then what do you know big head Greg Whites comes over and pulls him for a interview. Yates was cool to I din't have a pin for a autograph on my tee shirt so he was like follow me I'll get one. At times I felt like a reporter...lol.. I talked to Roger Lee.... another cool kid. Said he was staying with Kawasaki next year and just kept saying they treated him real well. I also asked him what was his brother (Nicky) going to do next year. He just laughed and said I haven't talk to him much in the last month. Montez Stewart was cool.... But when I asked him some question about his bike he was like I don't know man that's some Moto GP stuff. All in all another great year at the track. And no I did not get drunk this time.....lol

Last edited by jaboe; 10-12-2004 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

haha, i was wondering if you made it or not... getting the crew shirt is cool as hell, thats like a free pass to go wherever you want next year, just put some official looking pass from some completely different racing series around your neck and i bet no one will even stop you from going anywhere... but thats what i love about this series is really the average person can walk 99% of the paddock, where as other racing series there is probably 40% of the track that you can't see unless you are a rock star
Old 10-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Need More Horsepower

Hahaha... I just might try that next year. I still can not believe that was your first time going... as long as you have been riding and done track days. Bret get it together man. I see you have a new play toy.... I have been wanting to play in the dirt for a long time. I'm looking into a four wheeler, purchase will be real soon. Oh and those are some great pics you got.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

yea last year i was sick during that weekend and the one before i couldn't get off of work, and the year before that i don't think i was riding yet... watching them made me want to go out there so bad, november 8th the next and last track day for the year is going to be too far away, and probably cold as hell

yea i picked up a yz250f, i'm going to have so much more fun on that than the monster rm250 2-stroke i have, that thing is just trying to spit you off anytime you get on the power, but this yz is supposed to be really rideable... you should definetly get a toy for the dirt, its almost as much fun as track days, and when you crash its not as big a deal
Old 10-12-2004, 08:36 AM
Need More Horsepower

Dam looks like I won't be able to make a track day this year, always next year though.... if I still have my bike. Yeah I got to get me something for the dirt. I've looking at the Z400, CRF 450, but can't find one in my price range. I probably will go back to the same place I got my bike from up in West Va. Hellava good prices up there. And with winter coming.... oh I know I could have some fun on those four wheels. Where do you all ride at ?? Back in the day I use to have a Honda ATC 200s and a YZ80 and we use to hit the power lines down through Chester and Hopewell. Dam that was a LONG TIME ago..lol
Old 10-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

If you were riding an ATC that had to be a long time ago haha... i'd really suggest you get a dirt bike over a 4-wheeler, but thats just me... i've ridden both and just get really bored really quick on atv's, you just can't do much on them... and riding a dirt bike will translate somewhat to better riding on a street/track bike, plus its one of the best works outs you can do

we ride at this place in powhatan, a cool little motox track, or our friend's powerline and trails, heard about a couple other places i'd like to check out too

Last edited by Del La Sol 1320; 10-12-2004 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Need More Horsepower

Yeah it was a long time ago hahaha. I had that thing when I was like in the 10th grade. I was thinking about getting a dirt bike, but I have some family members with four wheelers and they keep talking me into getting one. They actually live not to far from VIR. They actually got trails that come all the way back to Amelia from where they are. That is like 80 + miles. Yeah I need to decide on something soon. But dam this will be just something else I will have to mod up. What do you think of the 4 stroke bikes over the 2 stroke? I use to love that YZ80 when the power band kicked in.

If you get a chance call or stop by Cycle Concepts and talk to Lee or Steve. I think they hold some rides and know of a bunch of places to ride at. Sometimes they post them on the board or just ask them. The KTM bikes they got in there look real nice. Speaking of witch I stoped by there Saturday morning and they had a used Yellow RM out there for sale. I don't know if it was a 125 or a 250. It looked in pretty good conditions they were asking I think like 2600.00 or 2400.00. I might check it out this weekend. Dam Bret your gonna make me spend all my money....lol

Last edited by jaboe; 10-12-2004 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

if you'd be interested you should check out my 00' RM250, awesome condition, too many mods to list, but its an absolute power monster, i'm an infant to dirt and its simply too much power for me, especially as light as i am... but you know how i maintaine and care for my stuff, its in top shape... i just put it in the trading post for 2,500$ but i'd go alot closer to 2 if you were interested

as far as 2-stroke vs. 4-stroke i think they both are still good, power to weight and size nothing beats a two smoke, but for someone small and new like me a 4-stroke is easier to ride, 2-strokes are cheaper to maintain and cheaper to begin with, i was going to go with either a 125 2stroke or a 250 4stroke and ended up just finding the best deal on a 4
Old 10-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Need More Horsepower

An infant...hell I haven't even been born to the dirt. It's been so long ago... That is a hellava deal, what year is it.... I just might be interested in it. I just don't want that to be to much for me starting back off. I just finished healing up good from the motorcycle accident.

Quick Reply: VIR AMA Race photos are up