Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

VIR

Old 05-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soloboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VIR

I have a 900rr that I have been riding with a few boys I know down rt5 alot and nothing feels better than hitting a turn at 90mph, but I feel I want to try it more on a "safe" place. Anyone know what all do I need to race at VIR? I just want to go one day and see how I can do on a track and all. Thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: VIR

someone cue VooDoo?
he's probably at the track
bastard
Old 05-20-2008, 04:26 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

If you want to ride with Team ProMotion, you'll have to participate in their ART Level 1 class before you get turned loose on the track. It's a great course for those who haven't received training for riding on the track.

As far as bike prep, you'll want to remove your mirrors, tape up all your lights and pull their fuses, flush your coolant system and run water only, have a good set of tires, and have a well maintained chain and sprockets. For some clubs, they require you to safety wire the oil filter and oil drain bolt, but TPM doesn't require it. I would also recommend getting your suspension set up for your weight, since this will make the biggest difference in your bike on the track.

As far as gear is concerned, you can either rent a suit from TPM, or you'll either need a 1 piece leather suit, or a 2 piece leather suit with a 360 degree zipper. You'll also want a good set of leather, gauntlet style gloves, and a decent set of leather boots with no laces.

If I've missed anything, I'm sure VooDoo will be in and give you the rest of the information you need.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:49 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by tundrafiend01
If you want to ride with Team ProMotion, you'll have to participate in their ART Level 1 class before you get turned loose on the track. It's a great course for those who haven't received training for riding on the track.

As far as bike prep, you'll want to remove your mirrors, tape up all your lights and pull their fuses, flush your coolant system and run water only, have a good set of tires, and have a well maintained chain and sprockets. For some clubs, they require you to safety wire the oil filter and oil drain bolt, but TPM doesn't require it. I would also recommend getting your suspension set up for your weight, since this will make the biggest difference in your bike on the track.

As far as gear is concerned, you can either rent a suit from TPM, or you'll either need a 1 piece leather suit, or a 2 piece leather suit with a 360 degree zipper. You'll also want a good set of leather, gauntlet style gloves, and a decent set of leather boots with no laces.

If I've missed anything, I'm sure VooDoo will be in and give you the rest of the information you need.

Very well said..... if you need any help or info give me a call..

Shawn-
Old 05-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tundrafiend01

So my two piece from when I drag at the track wont be good? It had to zip in to a one piece? My tires are fine, chain and sprockets good.. So as far as tpm when is that and what is it?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

above you there is a sig with a link to their site
click the link following "Assistant Event Director/Road Race Staff Coach for Team Pro-Motion #590"
if your having any problems finding it let us know
Old 05-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Banned

So whats the diffrent with the packages to buy? And how many track days is there?
Old 05-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Registered member

Damn youngsters and there lack of reading skills

Spoiler

Old 05-20-2008, 02:52 PM

TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean

Originally Posted by soloboy
So my two piece from when I drag at the track wont be good? It had to zip in to a one piece? My tires are fine, chain and sprockets good.. So as far as tpm when is that and what is it?
you need a back protector.

also, some other orgs that does track days at vir:
www.nesba.com
www.cornerspeed.net
www.sportbiketracktime.com

if you use the search button for this section, I am sure you will find all the same information posted 3X a year for the last 4 years.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

If only you guys lived in Richmond I'd see if y'all had extra room on the trailer

Quick Reply: VIR