Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

value?

Old 04-24-2005, 07:08 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default value?

Hey guys and gals...

My sisters boyfriend is selling a 2002 Yamaha R1 with ridiculously low miles, and no one has even called him about it. It's listed in the newspaper and possibly even CycleTrader but I'm not 100% sure about the trader.. Anyways, he's only asking $6900 for it. I'm curious to see what the average R1 with that low of miles goes for, especially now that it's becoming riding season again. He's 30 years old and has never even actually ridden the bike hard; I think he bought it just because he could, to be honest. Never wheelied, never dropped, etc.... and it has a Two Brothers carbon fiber exhaust on it.

I realize it's an '02 and maybe that's what's stopping people from buying it, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Is the price too high or something?
Old 04-24-2005, 07:10 AM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY
Default Re: value?

sounds like a decent price to me......it will probably seel real quick in cycle trader
Old 04-24-2005, 07:13 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by slowsilverteg
sounds like a decent price to me......it will probably seel real quick in cycle trader
That's the thing though.. I guess I really don't know a lot about how much a bike like that would sell for typically, but it seems low to me in comparison to others that I've seen...

HOWEVER, no one has called about it and it's been in the paper for several weeks. He's got a parrot for sale as well and ELEVEN (yes, literally.. eleven) people have called about it. LOL! Isn't that ironic?
Old 04-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Registered Member

eternity0114 is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe its because people are too intimidated about riding a liter bike and would prefer riding/seeking a 600cc bike?
Old 04-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Registered Member

eternity0114 is an unknown quantity at this point

i know i would buy it for that price! that sounds reasonable
Old 04-24-2005, 08:09 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by eternity0114
maybe its because people are too intimidated about riding a liter bike and would prefer riding/seeking a 600cc bike?
understandable but it seems as if all the younger inexperienced guys are usually ignorant enough to want to start out on the biggest and baddest bike there is (which I'm not saying the R1 is, but it definitely is a mean machine)... you know? When I was younger that was what I always told myself. I wanted to start out on an R1... then I guess maybe I became a little bit more mature and realized that an R1 isn't a good starter bike.

come buy it!
Old 04-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Whaaaat?

Flyin' Low is an unknown quantity at this point

I know someone who may want to buy this bike...I'll let you know later...
Old 04-24-2005, 08:52 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Flyin' Low
I know someone who may want to buy this bike...I'll let you know later...
Cool! He'd be happy to hear that.

I'm working on getting pictures of it but there's really nothing spectacular to see. It's never been dropped, it's the blue color scheme, and it has a carbon fiber Two Brothers exhaust on it. As far as I know, the exhaust is the only mod on it. Believe me when I say he's never ridden it the way a liter bike should be ridden!

Ohh, and it's always been stored indoors.. He won't sell it to me, unfortunately, but to be honest with you I don't really think it would be a good idea for me to get a 1000cc bike anyway. I'd be happy on a 600 or a 750 at the most. This, however, is the ideal used bike. Low miles, low price, previously owned by a 30 year old who never rode it hard.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:03 AM
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
My sisters boyfriend is selling a 2002 Yamaha R1 with ridiculously low miles, and no one has even called him about it. I realize it's an '02 and maybe that's what's stopping people from buying it, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Is the price too high or something?
just depends on what kinda mileage you mean. last year in june (middle of season) my friend got an 02 with only 2000miles for that same price. bump for a nice bike though
Old 04-25-2005, 08:51 AM
Jonny T

00Si-R is an unknown quantity at this point

Good bike. Good price. If it's still around in the next month or so, I will recommend a buddy of mine. He should be coming back from his deployment soon and he wants a bigger bike. When and if your friend sells it or not, let me know.