Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

traded in the zx6r for my new baby

Old 09-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default traded in the zx6r for my new baby

well,

i felt kind of nervous upon making this decision, but i was just absolutely hooked, plus the dealer gave a good deal on the trade in and the new bike. the new bike my friends is a k7 gsxr 1000, and may i say that this is a extremely well built machine. this bike really out classes any other motorcycle on the street right now. the power is amazing not only in delivery, but in application, i mean it comes on sooo smoothly. you would naturally think that because it is a 1000cc that the bike would feel heavier and less flickable, but its the opposite. the bike flicks into corners much easier than the zx6 and also, holds the line alot better. also, wanted to ask about some gixxer forums if you guys could throw out some links that would be cool.

thanks guys
Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation
Default Re: traded in the zx6r for my new baby

www.gixxer.com . i' ve got loads of good advice on that site also www.gsxr.com is also pretty good, but gixxer.com is alot better IMO. Any question you need answered is either already there, or someone will be mor ethan willing to help. Congrats on the new purchase, and be careful, a 600 to a liter bike is a big jump.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kwth8n
www.gixxer.com . i' ve got loads of good advice on that site also www.gsxr.com is also pretty good, but gixxer.com is alot better IMO. Any question you need answered is either already there, or someone will be mor ethan willing to help. Congrats on the new purchase, and be careful, a 600 to a liter bike is a big jump.
oooo man is it.....im still breakin her in but, i feel that power ready to blast out. luckily also, once i break her in, i can run on c mode which is the most tame fuel map...then once i get used to that just work my way up to a mode.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

BlackXplorer has disabled reputation

traitor!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BlackXplorer
traitor!
YOU TOO SOME DAY WILL JOIN THE DARK SIDE, AND IF YOU DONT....WELL YOU WILL JUST BE TASTING DUST....HAHA JK
Old 09-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

find the flickabilty hard to believe...
but of course it is not a Honda so that would be expected
Old 09-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Breeding golddiggers

Fuzion is on a distinguished road

WELCOME, smart move. i had a 600/750/ then a 1000 (all gixxers)I wish i woulda just jumped on the 1000. the rest are a waste except the 7 fiddy. that biatch was fun, real fun. i busted a coupl r1s and many honda 954's. but the gix 1k and the zx10 was another class. dont know about the new ones 07 and newer.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:45 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Everything I've read says the opposite as far as being the "best bike on the road" (with the exception of claims from Suzuki themselves), but congrats on the purchase either way. The only thing I really like about them is how easy a fender eliminator is, and the fact that there is no need to purchase flushmounts.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Gazoo
Everything I've read says the opposite as far as being the "best bike on the road" (with the exception of claims from Suzuki themselves), but congrats on the purchase either way. The only thing I really like about them is how easy a fender eliminator is, and the fact that there is no need to purchase flushmounts.
actually just rode home from work, and i was pushing a tad bit around some corners, and the feeling of security that i have going around the corners and smoothness of the power just feels amazing. i cant describe the difference of feel from any previous bike i have ridden to the k7 1000. i cant really say there is any feature on the bike that i dislike...besides the always tacky gsxr stickers...
Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats...newer 1000s are definitely a lot smaller