Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

title?

Old 11-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Project in the makin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaCRXsiHatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default title?

ok so i have a question i had a guy that was living with me and has moved away but he left his motorcycle here. i can't reach him i don't have any way to get a hold of him. what can i do to get a title for it and register it and make it mine. the curve ball in this situation is that he had it finaced and has stoped making payments. what should i do.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: title?

you can apply for a lien thru dmv...it will take you months

or you can find a business to process it for you and they can get on in 30 days...

only issue is once the lienholder recieves the letters they have the oppurtunity to come pick the pick up and pay the bill...

if they are an in-state lien holder thay have to pay 500 bucks and can take it...

then its gone...

i charge 150 to process it...it HAS to be in my shop just in case the lein holder wants to look at or come get...

once the paperwork is started you cant change your mind...if they take it then you will just recieve 350 bucks...
Old 11-23-2009, 05:22 AM
Project in the makin

Ok what if I say that I've done work on this and have not been paid and also have storage fees what are the chances that the lien holder will either pay or just hand over the title
Old 11-23-2009, 11:11 AM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by HondaCRXsiHatch
Ok what if I say that I've done work on this and have not been paid and also have storage fees what are the chances that the lien holder will either pay or just hand over the title
I can say that if you are not a business... you cannot claim work, parts, or anything of that nature. You can also not charge for storage unless it was prearranged and signed by the owner stating that he would pay.

Here is what would happen... If you were to apply for the title. You would have to send a certified letter to the last known residence of the title holder and the lein holder. At that point either the title holder or the lein holder are able to come and get the bike and you are entitled to nothing. You cannot charge for services if you are not licensed by the state to do so.

If you go through a company.. most of them will want something in return.. they are not going to do all of this for free. Plus... if you put it in a shop and the title holder or lein holder decides to come and get the bike. Then from that point, they could actually sue you for reimbursement, since they did not put the bike in the shop.. you did. So... that $500 that is talked about above, could be what you are being taken to court for.

I can also say that if it the lein holder is in this state... there is a really really really good chance that as soon as you apply for the title... they will come and pick up the bike.

Everybody thinks that you just apply for an abandond title and bam.. the vehicle is yours. That is not the case... I have had to get titles for 7 vehicles and 2 the owners came and got, and there is nothing that you can do about it.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Project in the makin

well the owner now lives in maine and i have no way to get ahold of him or mail anything to him.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:41 AM
Gerber

Lil' G is an unknown quantity at this point

lets find a wrecked bike .. take the good parts off that dudes to make you one .. than let the lein holder come pickup whats left
Old 11-29-2009, 05:12 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

This sounds legit.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:53 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

ok..... this is easy to do!!!!!!!!

All you do is go to DMV and apply for an abandon vehicle title........

you give them the VIN# and they give you the last known address of the owner

you have to send the owner a registered letter with reciept and wait 30 days

after 30 days you take the receipt and/or the return letter unopened and they issue you a title!

Its that simple i have done it about 6 times for bikes that have been left with me with no pick up!
Old 11-29-2009, 01:55 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by Voodoo ST
ok..... this is easy to do!!!!!!!!

All you do is go to DMV and apply for an abandon vehicle title........

you give them the VIN# and they give you the last known address of the owner

you have to send the owner a registered letter with reciept and wait 30 days

after 30 days you take the receipt and/or the return letter unopened and they issue you a title!

Its that simple i have done it about 6 times for bikes that have been left with me with no pick up!

and if it has a lien holder you send them one also...then they have the oppurtunity to come get and if they are instate they have to pay a maximum of 500 in storage...

we have already discussed this
Old 11-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by nftuatn
and if it has a lien holder you send them one also...then they have the oppurtunity to come get and if they are instate they have to pay a maximum of 500 in storage...

we have already discussed this
Correct

Quick Reply: title?