Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

tires???

Old 10-07-2007, 07:24 PM
PandaMania

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts
Default tires???

Im gonna be needing new tires soon and dont know what the best kind is. im riding a 06 zx636. what size, type, and brand you think? if the rear needs changing should i change the front too?
Old 10-07-2007, 07:37 PM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe
Default Re: tires???

I would stick to stock size... maybe going narrower to a 170 in the rear. . . but that's all.. just make sure u get some sticky icky
Old 10-07-2007, 08:07 PM
live by the 4 B's

integr8ted has disabled reputation

i always here good things about dunlop
Old 10-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigHead Ted
Im gonna be needing new tires soon and dont know what the best kind is. im riding a 06 zx636. what size, type, and brand you think? if the rear needs changing should i change the front too?
I think your stock tires are Bridgestone BT014.

Get either the Dunlop Qualifiers or the Michelin's Pilot power 2CT in stock size, look on your current tires.

Last edited by Alwayslast; 10-07-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT all the way for a street tire unless you want even more sticky then go with either Pilot DOT race / Bridgestone DOT race / Pirelli DOT race..... LMK I can get you some. And you should go with a 120/70-17 front 180/55/17 rear
Old 10-07-2007, 11:19 PM
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

PILOT POWERS all the way u cnt go wrong best tire out there imo
Old 10-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

i've never liked bridgestone but could just be a personal opinion. they seem to make a lot of noise
Old 10-08-2007, 04:06 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by seanazzy
i've never liked bridgestone but could just be a personal opinion. they seem to make a lot of noise

Bridgestone street tires ( BT-014 ) are junk... but the DOT race and slicks are far beyond what else is out there...... thats why 99% of Moto GP and 90% of AMA race teams use them.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:08 AM
Handling is Key!

Originally Posted by chappe
I would stick to stock size... maybe going narrower to a 170 in the rear. . . but that's all.. just make sure u get some sticky icky
A 170 rear??? What the hell would be the purpose of that, so he can wreck the bike when he takes a corner to tight and runs out of tire????
Old 10-08-2007, 04:48 AM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

^^^ Maybe more turn in. I know of ppl who have gone from 190 to 180 on Gixxers 1k and the report better handling and turn in ability.

BTW, I have a dunlop Qualifier and i love it (better than the metzler i had in the rear). I've heard good things about the pilot powers too. But i think/feel like the PP are tires for more advanced riders; as far as i know, they're like race tires and shit. I think it would take a advanced rider (cojones) to actually USE, and take advantage of them. My dunlop has been very faithful to me so far.

Quick Reply: tires???