Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Stunt Guys, need some input

Old 01-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Murdered Out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all
Default Stunt Guys, need some input

I have been looking and looking for a rear hand brake kit for my Gixxer 600(2004). I have seen some kits from $200 up to $400 complete kits. My questions are, what are you guys using, what should I look for when searching for the right kit and what do you suggest. Help!Thanks
Old 01-21-2007, 12:05 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: Stunt Guys, need some input

some people just use a front brake master cylinder flipped over and mounted on the left. you have to bleed the brake with it right side up, and once it's bled, bolt it on upside down. you can't bleed it all the way with it mounted on the left, that's ehy you have to bleed it before you bolt it down. just get a looong brake line to run to the rear caliper, and use a double banjo bolt to tie into the caliper.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:21 PM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
some people just use a front brake master cylinder flipped over and mounted on the left. you have to bleed the brake with it right side up, and once it's bled, bolt it on upside down. you can't bleed it all the way with it mounted on the left, that's ehy you have to bleed it before you bolt it down. just get a looong brake line to run to the rear caliper, and use a double banjo bolt to tie into the caliper.
Brake line to a double banjo on the caliper aint gonna work come on man! You should already know this! I'll bet my paycheck on that!
Old 01-21-2007, 05:26 PM
CLUTCH IT UP

Originally Posted by Slow_spool
I have been looking and looking for a rear hand brake kit for my Gixxer 600(2004). I have seen some kits from $200 up to $400 complete kits. My questions are, what are you guys using, what should I look for when searching for the right kit and what do you suggest. Help!Thanks
Really depends on how much you want to spend.

I run a 100 dollar GP fitting/Brake line and an '04 Gixxer Radial master cylinder flipped upside down. Use only newer style RADIAL master cylinders. If you wanna get fancy with solid feel get a Brembo 16x18 Master. Thats what I'm picking up soon.

Now my question is what are you going to use it for? If its for wheelies and you dont have the footbrake on lock, I guarantee you'll crash very very hard.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:35 PM
CLUTCH IT UP

Actually I got a minty FullthrottleInc. handbrake unit I'll sell ya for 150 they run 280 brand new. All you need is a brake line and a master and you're set. Keep it on standby, learn foot brake, then bolt it up when you're ready.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:37 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Armenian
Brake line to a double banjo on the caliper aint gonna work come on man! You should already know this! I'll bet my paycheck on that!
ahem.... yeah, it DOES work. what do you think angelo has on his f4i??

make sure you sign the back of that paycheck
Old 01-22-2007, 05:16 AM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

Mainly for wheelies, seat and back pegs with both feet. I would feel a little more confident with a hand brake to just tap on to bring it down if I came up to far for some reason.

just getting parts togeither would do just fine I take it?
Old 01-22-2007, 05:20 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Take your brakes off.......they only add weight
Old 01-22-2007, 06:32 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
ahem.... yeah, it DOES work. what do you think angelo has on his f4i??

make sure you sign the back of that paycheck
Negative Ghostrider.

Angelo has a Gp Tech fitting with a SINGLE banjo into his rear master cylinder. I think I know because I installed it LOL

Paycheck is signed and ready to hand over.

I just happen to have a double banjo sitting around if you want to try it on your bike I guarantee it wont work.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:44 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Originally Posted by Slow_spool
Mainly for wheelies, seat and back pegs with both feet. I would feel a little more confident with a hand brake to just tap on to bring it down if I came up to far for some reason.

just getting parts togeither would do just fine I take it?
Reason i say use footbrake first is so you know exactly when to apply the rear brake which is critical. If you're not comfortable with the footbrake concept handbrake will kill you.

You should be able to at LEAST steer a controlled wheelie left/right with the foot brake, on or off idle, no hander wheelies, and coasters before even thinking about putting a handbrake on.

Quick Reply: Stunt Guys, need some input