Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

still having same problem...

Old 12-09-2004, 04:19 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default still having same problem...

not sure if anyone remembers but i've had this sputter. not sure if it's vibrating (redoing brakes now) or air/fuel. i did get a power commander and richen it up but it's not going away so i've come to the conclusion that it's not air/fuel. i'm beginning to wonder if it could be the CCT or possibly the clutch? also, the fuel filter but i don't know what else to do. if you don't remember here's what i originally posted - sorry for the lengthy post.
fuel injected 99 gsxr 750 w/ 14k miles. I've had this stutter/bog in between 5-9k rpms. threw some injector cleaner in, put in new plugs, cleaned the air filter and no luck. took it to a suzuki dealership and they did the 14000mile tuneup (valve clearance check). I have a d&d bolt on exhaust and k&n air filter. the dealer just said that my bike is running lean and they could remap the computer a little when their machine was working again or i could buy a power commander.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:41 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4
Default Re: still having same problem...

Just play with different maps........................I can't see not being able to tell if it's a shudder or a sputter though.

A sputter would be under acceleration, a shudder would be at certain speeds (balance/alignment issues) or while braking.

When bikes have been messed with (aftermarket exhausts and the like) they can sometimes get a dead spot. And some bikes can have a dead spot stock from the factory (mine did) and getting a jet kit or PC can help cure that.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:49 AM
Registered Member

i took my right caliper off last night and the right pad is just hanging. i began to wonder if that could be part of the problem. no issues when braking. i didn't even think i needed a power commander to begin with since i just have a bolt on and aftermarket air filter, but i got a deal so whatever. the problem is only under a load and i do have a little bit of a backfire occassionally on decel. i even put the stock parts back on the bike and remapped it and it did nothing to help the problem. thanks for any advice everyone
Old 12-09-2004, 04:52 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

I'd have to ride it or be riding with you..................but I'm far from an expert anyway.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:59 AM
Registered Member

i hear ya...yeah, people can hear it and even see my bike and my body moving because it's jumping so much! crazy and i would almost say unsafe
Old 12-09-2004, 05:04 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

so when you took it to the dealer and they charged you all that money they didn't even figure out what was wrong?? popping under decel with an aftermarket exhaust wouldn't bother me, and its not going to be the CCT, that would be more of a ticking noise, but not enough to be a vibration or shudder in the bike... a warped clutch could cause something like that, but thats an expensive fix to find out your wrong

if its really that bad that you can't live with it and you've tried trouble shooting all you can i'd take it into a reputable shop and get a diagnosis
Old 12-09-2004, 05:06 AM
Registered Member

problem is...finding a reputable shop. yeah, dude at the dealership told me that it was running lean and he could remap it when his machine was working again or i could buy the power commander. so, i did that. how much would you say if it was the clutch? i've heard it's relatively cheap???
Old 12-09-2004, 05:12 AM
Registered Member

if its the plates that are warped you could get all metals and fibers for around $100, if you can install it yourself great, if not labor extra.. but if its the basket your talking about $350, so you'd be spending probably over 500$ for it to not be any different
Old 12-09-2004, 05:23 AM
Registered Member

i would probably just try it myself but how many hours labor you talkin for just metals and fibers and for the basket? oh, and what do you mean 'for it to not be any different?' thanks man...appreciate it. oh btw...day after thanksgiving i went down to sprockets and picked up that alpinestars jacket...love it
Old 12-09-2004, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

i mean since you aren't 100% sure that the clutch is your problem you could very well spend all that time and money for it to be acting exactly like it did before... damn you should have swung by our shop and said hello while you were in town, did you get the dyno?

Quick Reply: still having same problem...