Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

SOoo, I got HER!!!

Old 07-04-2007, 05:37 PM
SV haver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe
Smile SOoo, I got HER!!!

Today i picked up my FIRST bike. It's a 02 Suzuki SV 650 S. When i picked it up it had 5400. It runs strong ans it runs Flawless. Will post pics soon. . . Now i need to buy a new helmet, cause i brought it home with my AutoX helmet. <LOL...
Old 07-04-2007, 05:41 PM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SOoo, I got HER!!!

Originally Posted by chappe
Now i need to buy a new helmet, cause i brought it home with my AutoX helmet. <LOL...

And probably some gear as well...jacket and gloves minimum. And congrats! I still remember my first bike...longest relationship I ever had!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

Congratulations, have fun, and most importantlly be be safe. Definitely get some gear as well especially since this is your first bike
Old 07-04-2007, 07:47 PM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
And probably some gear as well...jacket and gloves minimum. And congrats! I still remember my first bike...longest relationship I ever had!!!
I remember my first bike--1999 SV-650. It was the shortest relationship to a bike I've ever had. I hated that thing.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:05 PM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

Yeah, i need gear
I Rode today all day with some "mechanics" gloves, a leather Jacket i got. And like i said before, my Autocross helmet. Which is i LITTLE bigger than a cycle one since its used on a Car. . . Not the coolest guear, but something to bring it home.

Is there anywhere Locally (va beach area preferably) where i can get some stuff?

Also i want to get a Tune Up and Some new tires. But, i just don't know where to go. Would someone be nice and direct me somewhere i wont get fisted with a sucky price or job.

Last edited by chappe; 07-04-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

Like mentioned on other threads. local stores are only used to try on gear to see what sizes you need then you go online and buy it for hella cheap
Old 07-05-2007, 04:41 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chappe
Also i want to get a Tune Up and Some new tires. But, i just don't know where to go. Would someone be nice and direct me somewhere i wont get fisted with a sucky price or job.
As far as a tune, I would suggest contacting skr00z. Since he can't work out of his driveway anymore, I'm not sure if he can do side work and what-not at one of the shops he works in now.

With regard to tires, I would suggest checking out svriders.com and researching what tires they suggest based on what type of riding you plan on doing. Once you have the size, brand, and model, pull the wheels off your bike, take them to Cycle Gear, and get them to fix you up with some new rubber. I found out the hard way, although you save money buying tires online, you usually pay more once mounting and balancing the tires is paid for.

Good luck and keep the shiny side up. +1 to getting good gear.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:52 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Congrats, I wanted a SV for my 1st bike but it a was a lil out my budget.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

i got an hjc cl-12 helmet that maybe got worn twice - large and a AVG flyer helmet Medium. They have the same fit. Both blue. let me know if you're interested in buying either or both.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:38 AM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

Congratulations on the purchase! For the best prices on really good gear, I would suggest www.newenough.com . I have yet to meet someone who have made a purchase from them and does not rave about how wonderful they are. I still go into the dealership locally and see my leather jacket for more than twice the amount I paid for it. I got my full gunlet gloves for about $25. Locally, its probably like $75.
For helmet, if you are not going the name brand route of getting Shoie, Aria, etc, then the best bang for the buck helmet is Scorpion. Everyone compares them in quality/comfort to the top brand helmets. www.scorpionusa.com
Have fun and be safe! Remember the new VA laws!! I might have to start going to NC more. lol.

Quick Reply: SOoo, I got HER!!!