Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Snell Approved VS. DOT approved Helmets

Old 01-31-2006, 11:39 AM
yard man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
professorman has disabled reputation
Default Snell Approved VS. DOT approved Helmets

Check out this article that compares Snell Approved V.S. DOT approved helmets. I am not sure what to think.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/hatz/
Old 01-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve
Default Re: Snell Approved VS. DOT approved Helmets

Just make sure your helmet is both DOT & Snell approved. My Arai complies to both standards.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:11 PM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BentValve
Just make sure your helmet is both DOT & Snell approved. My Arai complies to both standards.
I mean, did you read the article? it actually trying to say something different. It is saying that DOT only helmets may be better at absorbing impact energy that goes to your brain than Snell approved helmets. It is basically saying that Snell is concentrating on super performance helmet, while you would be brain damaged/dead by the time the helmet is trying to save itself, where as the DOT helmets are better at saving your life.

You should read it and see what you guys think.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:22 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i read it, its interesting, but i read a counter arguement produced by the SNELL group that to me, completely voided any comments that article made, granted they are both going to be biased... that and any DOT only helmet your going to find is going to be cheap quality, cheap materials, cheap graphics and cheap labor assembling it, not saying all SNELL's are top notch build quality, but if you want a well built helmet like an arai or a shoei or something, your not going to find a full face DOT only... and even more if you do track days or serious drag racing you can't wear anything but a SNELL, so to me there is no decision to make
Old 02-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Originally Posted by profroopchan
You should read it and see what you guys think.
Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
i read it, its interesting, but i read a counter arguement produced by the SNELL group that to me, completely voided any comments that article made, granted they are both going to be biased... that and any DOT only helmet your going to find is going to be cheap quality, cheap materials, cheap graphics and cheap labor assembling it, not saying all SNELL's are top notch build quality, but if you want a well built helmet like an arai or a shoei or something, your not going to find a full face DOT only... and even more if you do track days or serious drag racing you can't wear anything but a SNELL, so to me there is no decision to make
Old 02-01-2006, 10:02 AM

DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320

enough said......
Old 02-08-2006, 10:16 AM
B18C1

mischiefse7en has disabled reputation

Damn, I posted that article up in here about 8 months ago I think!