Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Sept 23rd-26th all kinds of stuff to do

Old 09-11-2004, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Sept 23rd-26th all kinds of stuff to do

All kinds of bike stuff going on weekend after next...

Thursday Sept. 23rd
Test & Tune at Virginia Motor Sports Park
5-11pm
nothing unusual just TT, but you should be able to get more chances to run than you'll probably even want to use

Friday Sept. 24th
Motorcycle Mania at Virginia Motor Sports Park
5-11pm
motorcycle bracket racing, test and tune, and a wheelie contest and stunt show

Saturday Sept. 25th
Motorcycle dyno contest
1-6 pm
Hooters in Chesterfield
1211 Huguenot Road
Midlothian, VA 23113

Sunday Sept. 26th
Street Bike Fest at Virginia Motor Sports Park
Motorcycle bracket racing, grudge racing(bets allowed), test and tune, stunt and wheelie contest, stunt show by the Wheelie Boyz, and bikini contest
12-8pm

just hope my bike can survive 4 days in a row of thrashing

Last edited by Del La Sol 1320; 09-14-2004 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:05 PM
Honda pimpin' Teg/F2

VAbeachTegNout is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sept 23rd-26th all kinds of stuff to do

we all must go !

hit me up i know of all these places and live very close to VMP, maybe we could have a few peeps over and chill a bit.

house is tiny though...

iono just a though of hospitality

ne way, everybody better come to VMP the 23rd
Old 09-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

i'm going to VMP for sure 23rd and 26th, and definetly doing the dyno contest... motorcycle mania on friday isn't a definite

but yea anyone interested in any of these things post up so we can all make sure we get up
Old 09-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Honda pimpin' Teg/F2

i think im due to work this sat until 5 so i will try to make it up there afterwards... u tryin to ride after though? and we should all meet up somewhere on sunday and get some lunch before we roll out to VMP... this would make for a greeeeeaaaattt weekend.

anyone else down?
Old 09-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

i'm down to ride after the dyno shoot out

although how about a late breakfast before on sunday somewhere like denny's or something, so if people want an early lunch they can have that too... i'm trying to be there tech'd before they start at 12 so i'd like to leave richmond before 11:30, we we'd have to meet 10:30-11ish somewhere if you do wanna eat before... if not no big deal we can meet up at the track too
Old 09-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

I want to but i work weekends. Id love to dyno my bike even though i know its probably only shellin out 98-105 hp
Old 09-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Honda pimpin' Teg/F2

i got off work on sat and sunday for this sooo... my boss is cool, he's a harly guy now but see's where im coming from.

i got a guy coming to buy my car on saturday so i dont know when i will be making it out to hooter's but i will be there eventually, i will try to get tim here by 12. and i will be down to meet up anytime on sunday

waffle house in colonial heights? very easy to find off of 95 and only about 10-15 min's away from VMP. sounds like a prime place to me. plus its only 2 mins away from the local bike shops (3 of um) so if anybody needed to pick something up for the track or shop or whatever, iono just a though, but we could also hit up waffle house or denny's on chester both off 95 also...

doesn't matter to me, but it would be sick to roll into the park all togethor you know??

let me know what yall wanna do!

nick
Old 09-22-2004, 01:17 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

im going to the thursday and sunday events, and i might try to make it out to hooters since its right by work.

do you have to have full leathers to race bikes at vmp or does a jacket/gloves/helmet and some jeans work (im guessing not)
Old 09-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

what kind of bike? technically it will depend on your trap speed and/or how fast your going, but depending on whose working tech and the lanes and what kind of event it is will matter too, some workers are cool with us, some are dicks, and some events like an ama pro-star weekend they'll be a little more strict on the rules than a thursday night T&T

but no matter what YOU MUST HAVE A CHAIN GUARD... or else you WILL NOT race, no exceptions this is one thing they are very strict about, it doesn't matter what so ever how big it is or what its made out of though, you just have to have something of some kind there
Old 09-22-2004, 02:06 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

like, a stock plastic one? or do i need something aftermarket?

i have an 04 sv650s im betting it will be in the 12's/13's since ive never raced a bike and they arent a supersport. the bike is bone stock, i havent done a thing to it. i just want to see where she stands

Quick Reply: Sept 23rd-26th all kinds of stuff to do