Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Riding Naked

Old 04-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Riding Naked

you can't get out of the fee all together, as it is something that really has to be done before the bike can be delivered to the customer... but you could get them to eat the cost, but its not some bullshit like paint sealant or under coating or anything
Old 05-03-2004, 09:17 AM

MyTurn has disabled reputation
Default Re: Riding Naked

Well, I went and looked at the bikes this past weekend.

I'll have to say that the Yamaha FZ6 for $6600 was really nice, and Suzuki SV650S for $6300 wasn't bad either. I prefer the Yamaha vs Suzuki. IMO, it looked and felt better. I like the clean look of the exhaust running below the seat and not just next to it. All the bikes looked so different in person vs a magazine or on the website. I definitely narrowed it down to these two bikes.

I was shocked with the added fees. Both bikes went beyond $7K easy. I'll just wait until end of the year to buy it, and which ever has a better deal. I'm pretty sure, if nothing else that they'll give it to me for the MSRP out the door.

MT
Old 05-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Riding Naked

Originally Posted by MyTurn
Well, I went and looked at the bikes this past weekend.

I'll have to say that the Yamaha FZ6 for $6600 was really nice, and Suzuki SV650S for $6300 wasn't bad either. I prefer the Yamaha vs Suzuki. IMO, it looked and felt better. I like the clean look of the exhaust running below the seat and not just next to it. All the bikes looked so different in person vs a magazine or on the website. I definitely narrowed it down to these two bikes.

I was shocked with the added fees. Both bikes went beyond $7K easy. I'll just wait until end of the year to buy it, and which ever has a better deal. I'm pretty sure, if nothing else that they'll give it to me for the MSRP out the door.

MT
Hey, I have an '03 SV650, and I really like the naked style, for the reasons mentioed earlier.. cheaper/insurance might be cheaper because some insurance companies consider them "standards"/less damage in drop(if you have frame sliders, get them firsthand), etc.. plus i just like them lol! I first started lookin at ducati monsters, but the price and maintenance drew me away, when someone on a ducati board suggested an SV, so i started lookin and then the 03 came out, i was sold...

Honestly, if i were you, I would go for either the SV or the Honda 599, and read all the reviews you can..

The SV has a HUGE aftermarket and almost a cult like following ha, check out www.svrider.com, great site lots of helpful people to..

The SV is a vtwin as you probably know, and because of the weight placement, is very flickable, turns very nice, but the suspension parts are kind of lacking for spirited riding(as are the other nakeds you were looking at, except the ducati), but that is easily fixed.. It also has tons of torque(and sounds damn nice!) for riding around, makes it a great city bike also.. It isnt quite as fast as the honda 599 or the yammy, but just, or more, fun to ride..

here are a few pics of mine..

I have a few mods on mine so it wont look the same, but it gives an example of what it can look like(minor mods)..

I can say if i had the money, i would buy the same bike over again! My next bike, will probably also be a vtwin, dunno, maybe SV1000, but i really love the Triumph speed triples..

But I would suggest riding them if at all possible, thats the best way to tell which bike you like the best, even if its just in the parking lot hehe..