Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Ride Routes?

Old 03-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack nutsack
Default Ride Routes?

anyone know any good routes or roads that are good for long rides around the va beach area?
Old 03-13-2006, 10:19 AM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy
Default Re: Ride Routes?

go on googlemaps, their satellite shit is tight
Old 03-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Show-lo car

nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2

just go down into pungo and explore
Old 03-13-2006, 04:17 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

pm me, and i'll give you a nice route. it's my normal ride on the weekends. only 2 miles on "normal" roads. all the rest is back roads. some of the older locals may know the route, as i used to lead ALOT of rides around the area. it's no mountain pass, buit it's as good as you're gonna get in tidewater.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:39 AM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

What is the area acorss from Hampton over James River Bridge called? Have anyone ever rode over there before? It seems like there are country roads over there. Anyone know any good routes over there?
Old 03-14-2006, 04:40 AM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by profroopchan
What is the area acorss from Hampton over James River Bridge called? Have anyone ever rode over there before? It seems like there are country roads over there. Anyone know any good routes over there?

there's a really easy and relaxing route that goes out to the colonial parkway, down the parkway, hop the jamestown ferry, keep following the road, and then you eventually end up on the smithfield side of the james river bridge. If you follow the signs for newport news its easy. If you get lost then its no big deal because there's lots of nice country side to ride around in

another super easy route that is similar is to take the colonial parkway to the end by the museum and then pick up route 5 and it takes you all the way to the southside of richmond by all the old factories and grap a bite to eat at one of the restaurants there before heading back. Nice open 55mph roads in the country which are perfect for a newbie or someone who is just looking to go out for a cruise with minimal stops. Thats probably about a 3+ hour round trip
Old 03-14-2006, 07:44 AM
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by xshanex
there's a really easy and relaxing route that goes out to the colonial parkway, down the parkway, hop the jamestown ferry, keep following the road, and then you eventually end up on the smithfield side of the james river bridge. If you follow the signs for newport news its easy. If you get lost then its no big deal because there's lots of nice country side to ride around in

another super easy route that is similar is to take the colonial parkway to the end by the museum and then pick up route 5 and it takes you all the way to the southside of richmond by all the old factories and grap a bite to eat at one of the restaurants there before heading back. Nice open 55mph roads in the country which are perfect for a newbie or someone who is just looking to go out for a cruise with minimal stops. Thats probably about a 3+ hour round trip
I was searching on Google Earth and couldnt find the Colonial Parkway. Is this the Colonial Historic Parkway?
By the way, I am located in Hampton.
I see that Colonial Historic parkway is a nice route though. Is this what you are talking about? This is in Newport news or Williamsburg though.
Or are you talking about routes in Smithfield? Please enlighten me.
Thanks.
-Roop
Old 03-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

yes the colonial historic parkway ,is the same thing.Just go all the way down 17 until you get to the coleman bridge turn left right before the bridge then turn left agian at the end of the road the follow the parkway signs ,ride the parkway to jamestown follow the ferry signs ,take the ferry follow that road out to route 10 to follow the signs to nn hit the jrb and you are back in nn sweet ride out on 10 lots of long sweepers, usually clean roads ,no traffic ,not very much presence of the man ,beautiful ..

Last edited by 3xb18; 03-14-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by profroopchan
I was searching on Google Earth and couldnt find the Colonial Parkway. Is this the Colonial Historic Parkway?
By the way, I am located in Hampton.
I see that Colonial Historic parkway is a nice route though. Is this what you are talking about? This is in Newport news or Williamsburg though.
Or are you talking about routes in Smithfield? Please enlighten me.
Thanks.
-Roop

the 2 routes I listed use the parkway as part of a larger loop like the hampton-jamestown-smithfield-hampton route adds to it. BTW in that route the road you're supposed to follow is route 10 from the ferry to Hampton
Old 03-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 3xb18
not very much presence of the man
I've seen a lot of the man on occasions there so I make sure to keep it less than 15 mph over. BTW at night you have to watch out for deer because they're all over the place at times

Quick Reply: Ride Routes?