Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Recommend me some Tires plese

Old 11-13-2011, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Myrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud of
Default Recommend me some Tires plese

My bike has recently became my only means of transportation. I am going to try holding off buying a new car till after the holidays and I get some tax money back. But to last that long I will need a new front tire. I have Bridgestone's battlax b016s on there now.

Does anyone have any recommended tires for the winter season in the 757? Stick with the Battlax?

Last edited by Myrkur; 11-13-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:04 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation
Default Re: Recommend me some Tires plese

I have battlax tires on my 650, no complaints. I'm not a real aggresive rider though. Rode em in 30 degree weather felt alright, had them up over 100mph, felt solid.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Ick
Lemme track yo bike

Ick will become famous soon enough

Are you tight on money? I don't recommending mix/matching tires.

If you are going to commute on the bike, I'd suggest Michelin Pilot Road 2 or 3. They are about $300 a set, but you can pull 10-12k miles out of a set.

You can get a set of BT16 for $200, but they'd last you half that, at best.

If you are tight on money, the only road you can go is to do a direct replacement (getting a replacement BT16).
Old 11-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Myrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud ofMyrkur has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Quentin
I have battlax tires on my 650, no complaints. I'm not a real aggresive rider though. Rode em in 30 degree weather felt alright, had them up over 100mph, felt solid.
Yea, I've liked these tires but I've never had anything else. When did you get a 650?

Originally Posted by Ick
Are you tight on money? I don't recommending mix/matching tires.

If you are going to commute on the bike, I'd suggest Michelin Pilot Road 2 or 3. They are about $300 a set, but you can pull 10-12k miles out of a set.

You can get a set of BT16 for $200, but they'd last you half that, at best.

If you are tight on money, the only road you can go is to do a direct replacement (getting a replacement BT16).
10-12k you say? That would be sweet, thanks!