Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Quick technical question

Old 03-15-2004, 07:07 AM
Chillaxin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Question Quick technical question

Im not buff when it comes to cars or bikes, so please explain to me. I know the difference (sorta) in the actions of both, but im not sure why one is better. Carborated or fuel injected. I remember Del Sol mentioning the '03 R6 was fuel injected, so im assuming that made it better than the older ones because they are carborated, can someone explain why this makes a huge difference?
Old 03-15-2004, 08:34 AM
elite member

freq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quick technical question

Originally Posted by Slow_Rolla
Im not buff when it comes to cars or bikes, so please explain to me. I know the difference (sorta) in the actions of both, but im not sure why one is better. Carborated or fuel injected. I remember Del Sol mentioning the '03 R6 was fuel injected, so im assuming that made it better than the older ones because they are carborated, can someone explain why this makes a huge difference?
The difference between carburettors and fuel injection systems is minuscule. The carburettor mixes fuel with air to form a combustible mixture. So does a fuel injection system. The difference, however, is that with carburettors, fuel is sucked into the air, while with fuel injection systems, fuel is squirted into the air.

Carburettors = hesitation or "flat spots" when trying to accelerate rapidly. Unless an accelerator pump is used.

Fuel Injection = no hesitation, doens't need tune-ups (unlike carburettors.)

I personally own a 03 cbr 600rr which is fuel injected, and my friend owns a carburetted bike. I have rode both, and for instant throttle response, fuel injection is the way to go. Plus a fuel injected bike will fire up with out any hesitation unlike a carburetted bike.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:00 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by freq
The difference between carburettors and fuel injection systems is minuscule. The carburettor mixes fuel with air to form a combustible mixture. So does a fuel injection system. The difference, however, is that with carburettors, fuel is sucked into the air, while with fuel injection systems, fuel is squirted into the air.

Carburettors = hesitation or "flat spots" when trying to accelerate rapidly. Unless an accelerator pump is used.

Fuel Injection = no hesitation, doens't need tune-ups (unlike carburettors.)

I personally own a 03 cbr 600rr which is fuel injected, and my friend owns a carburetted bike. I have rode both, and for instant throttle response, fuel injection is the way to go. Plus a fuel injected bike will fire up with out any hesitation unlike a carburetted bike.
Word. Thanks homie
Old 03-15-2004, 09:35 AM
elite member

freq is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slow_Rolla
Word. Thanks homie
no problem
Old 03-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

good write up BROTHER
Old 04-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

The difference between the two is not so miniscule....................here's why:

Say I buy a carb'd bike. I then buy a jet kit for the carbs so I can have it dyno tuned at a shop, say D&D for instance. So I do it. Then I throw a slip on on it. Then I have to have the jets re-tuned on the dyno. Then I put a cam in it. Then I have to have the jets re-tuned..............again.........lots of mula involved everytime.

Say I buy a fuel injected bike. First purchase I make is a Power Commander. Then I buy a slip on. I go online, find my make and model bike with the exact slip on that I just installed and download the map. I then reflash the PC. And again and again with whatever mods I decide on. Much cheaper. I can also have a different flash for street and track riding. All on the fly without moving the bike!

So if you're going to do allot of modding I would opt for an FI bike. If you're going to keep it relatively stock you can go with either or.

Hope this helped!!!!!!!