Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

quick question about tires

Old 02-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud of
Default quick question about tires

I currently have a 180/55 (stock size)tire on my bike, and was wondering if a 190/55 will work with my rim. any help would be appreciated

Nick
Old 02-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: quick question about tires

sure... but unless your getting a better deal on the 190 theres no real reason to pay more to put one on there, it won't look much bigger and won't help performance... but unless your a professional racer it won't really hurt it much either dispite what some people might say... so basically do what you like but just don't think its going to look like a zx10's fat rear end or anything because the narrower rim is going to squeeze the tire in narrower
Old 02-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

slow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud of

i was just curious because i found an insane deal on a pilot power 2ct, and wanted to see if it would fit. thanks for the info
Old 02-19-2007, 06:48 AM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

190 pilots look huge... Shit - my 180 looks like a 190 compared to my friends diablo corsa. I think im going to break away from the pilots on my next set of tires and get the corsa to see if i can get the lines to go away. My friend is a pretty good rider, and can usually get rid of his wear lines on his tires, but for some reason hes having a difficult time getting them down on the corsa's. While the pilot tends to flare out towards the edge, the corsa is more round, so im wondering if thats better for traction on the track.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:32 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

+1 on what Del La Sol 1320 says. you can do it, but it wont get you any performance.

Originally Posted by shiftnlift
190 pilots look huge... Shit - my 180 looks like a 190 compared to my friends diablo corsa. I think im going to break away from the pilots on my next set of tires and get the corsa to see if i can get the lines to go away. My friend is a pretty good rider, and can usually get rid of his wear lines on his tires, but for some reason hes having a difficult time getting them down on the corsa's. While the pilot tends to flare out towards the edge, the corsa is more round, so im wondering if thats better for traction on the track.
not to go off subject, but on my sv650 i never got to the edge on my pilot powers, and it takes some real hard riding to get to the edge of them on my gsxr.

i wouldnt go by getting rid of your chicken strips, the pilot powers are awesome tires. they have a steeper side wall for more contact patch while leaned over, thats probably why your not getting all the way to the edge. i havent heard anything about the diablo's, but i know the powers work awesome for me, and i have no interest to go away from them.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:14 AM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by onepointone
+1 on what Del La Sol 1320 says. you can do it, but it wont get you any performance.

not to go off subject, but on my sv650 i never got to the edge on my pilot powers, and it takes some real hard riding to get to the edge of them on my gsxr.

i wouldnt go by getting rid of your chicken strips, the pilot powers are awesome tires. they have a steeper side wall for more contact patch while leaned over, thats probably why your not getting all the way to the edge. i havent heard anything about the diablo's, but i know the powers work awesome for me, and i have no interest to go away from them.
Me personally, I dont have any problem getting the wear lines off pilots....front or rear. When i decide to go into a turn, im all or nothing, so i really push it...given i know the conditions are ok to do so. Usually, when we do the cloverleafs on highways, my friends tell me afterwards if i lean anymore over, i will be dragging my feelers - which is good to know, since i dont want to be into it anymore (at least until i get a full set of leathers and boots).

Im just tired of staying with the same old tires, and not knowing if theres something better out there.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i've run pilots, diablos, and metzlers on the street and track, they all perform the same... i just get whatever is the cheapest which is usually metzlers or michelins, but they are all so close theres no performance advantage or disadvantage between one or the other
Old 02-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slow4banger
i was just curious because i found an insane deal on a pilot power 2ct, and wanted to see if it would fit. thanks for the info
what kinda deal?
Old 02-19-2007, 03:37 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by shiftnlift
my friends tell me afterwards if i lean anymore over, i will be dragging my feelers - which is good to know, since i dont want to be into it anymore (at least until i get a full set of leathers and boots).
that's what the feelers are for it doesn't take much to hit your feelers, depending on your technique.

just get some skateboard knee pads and have at it better than dragging your kneecap thru an exit ramp. THAT hurts like hell.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:57 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

Originally Posted by slow4banger
I currently have a 180/55 (stock size)tire on my bike, and was wondering if a 190/55 will work with my rim. any help would be appreciated

Nick

cycle gear didnt have the right size front for my bike when i got the pilot powers but they ordered it and had it in like 3 days...

edit: if that is why you're asking of course.

Quick Reply: quick question about tires