Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

quick disasembly question r1

Old 09-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eeeeeeeeeekz has disabled reputation
Default quick disasembly question r1

Hello everyone,
So i was taking apart my new 2001 to paint the thing real nice. Until i came across removing the passenger's seat. I found where the keyhole is to remove it but the ignition key does not work. I wanted to see how people would overcome this dilemma. My thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:15 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT
Default Re: quick disasembly question r1

Originally Posted by Eeeeeeeeeekz
Hello everyone,
So i was taking apart my new 2001 to paint the thing real nice. Until i came across removing the passenger's seat. I found where the keyhole is to remove it but the ignition key does not work. I wanted to see how people would overcome this dilemma. My thanks in advance.
You have owned this bike for how long and have never tried to get into the trunk? Hmmm... About the only way that you will get into it.. is to either break the seat or rip the lock out. I would suggest ripping the lock out and buying another lock since you dont have the key for it in the first place.

Then when you get a used unit.. it will come with a key. That is probably going to be the cheapest and fastest way.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:18 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

call a locksmith..he will come out and remove the lock and make a key...dont break shit

call this number 757 826 5509 a locksmith..names nick
Old 09-07-2009, 11:52 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by nftuatn
call a locksmith..he will come out and remove the lock and make a key...dont break shit

call this number 757 826 5509 a locksmith..names nick
yea... and charge about 70 - $100... You can get another lock set for that if not less (ignition, tank, and trunk)
Old 09-08-2009, 12:36 AM
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

More trouble than just paying the damn locksmith. Then he won't have to mess with the ignition or gas cap, or sourcing a matching set off ebay, or wherever.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by snikwad
More trouble than just paying the damn locksmith. Then he won't have to mess with the ignition or gas cap, or sourcing a matching set off ebay, or wherever.
dude its takes maybe an hr to do all that.. the gas cap will already be off as wel as the seat lock..

im with fairlandyztt just get a new lock set. that was one key works everything

dit: even ebayed it for u..

100 buy it now
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/V-200...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by rollingstock; 09-08-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:45 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

Talked to a lock smith today... it is $100 to open a lock without a key.. and $65 to make a key for it. So.. I was wrong.. its $165 for a key made. I am sure that you could shop around.. but that is too much for me.

besides... if you broke the just the key hole now.. you can go without a lock until you have the money. so You would still have access to it... then once you can put together some money.. you can get the new lock set and have keys to everything. Then you can resell half of the lock set and get some of your money back.

That is just me.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:59 PM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

iv had keys made for $35 bucks.. just took them the ignition
Old 09-08-2009, 04:10 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

just so ya'll know, the ignition in (most) jap bikes has 5 or 7 tumblers, the gas cap and seat lock generally have 3.... soo.... if you get a key made off the gas cap or seat lock... it's not gonna work the ignition.

stock, you probably got it cheaper b/c you pulled the ignition off and brought it too the locksmith. There's a code on the bottom of the ignition that they can read and cut a key from, a hell of alot less work than making a key from scratch.

just sharing experience

if you just want a lock picked, call me, I can pick a seat lock in about 45 seconds, lol.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:04 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
if you just want a lock picked, call me, I can pick a seat lock in about 45 seconds, lol.

I need either a newER rear seat, or a cowl if you have a minute.....

Quick Reply: quick disasembly question r1