Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Questions on one peice leathers...

Old 06-13-2006, 07:42 AM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Questions on one peice leathers...

I have been looking around at getting a one peice suit for track days/races, and AGV leathers seem to be going for pretty cheap. my question is, are they decent quality, or are they the "vega" of leathers? i had a TZ-1 alpinestars one peice suit, but stupid me, i gave them to the guy that bought my sv650.

basically, im looking for a one peice suit, something that isnt too expensive, but good quality. i see a lot of suits that people buy and they say they dont fit, or they are just selling. any other brands to look for besides aplinestars? i liked the suit although i think i could of stood to go another size up from what it was.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:49 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: Questions on one peice leathers...

i used to run a 2 piece agv at the track all the time. i only hit the ground once, but it held up pretty well. i still used it for many a trackday after that. i think i paid $250 for it, but only b/c it was a closeout special. i had to have knee pucks put on it, since it was meant as a "street" suit, but other than that i never had any issues with it.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:54 PM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

hm.. well, they seem to go pretty cheap brand new... im wanting to start off on just trackdays/that teampromotion level 1 school, but eventually i want to start racing with wera/nesba, or something of that nature. i just want a suit that will hold up great, save my ass when i go down, last me a good while, but be soft on the wallet...
Old 06-13-2006, 02:02 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

there are all kinds of places online that sell last year's style leathers for dirt cheap. if you're gonna plan on racing, i'd put a lil more money into a quality suit. the agv's are ok, they serve thier purpose, but the leather quality isn't the same as alot of other out there. good gear is a must, and i guarantee the first time you hit the asphalt, you'll be glad you spent a lil extra money. even if you tear it up, there are places that'll renew leathers that have hit the ground hard for alot less than buying a new set.

on a side note.... don't buy gloves with rivets or any metal in the palms. sliding across pavement gets the metal real real hot.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:00 PM
ASE Master

yea, i have the aplinestar gp pro gloves, and sm-x boots... the gloves were like $180 and boots were $260ish new when i bought them last year, so im good on those. luckily i didnt give those up with the suit.. i definately dont want to cheap out on a suit, i was just wondering if they were worth a crap. i will probably end up with another alpinestars tz-1 suit. i liked it alot and seems to be a pretty popular suit for the price.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

try www.newenough.com
go to street > closeouts

or go to www.ebay.com
Old 06-14-2006, 06:42 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i can get close out gear pretty cheap from companies, but unfortunetly theres no return on them so if you were interested in that you'd probably need to be pretty certain on your size before hand

i've got an agv jacket and really like it, their bottom line stuff isn't bad, but definetly thinner cheaper material, but their mid level and top end gear is great for the money