Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Problems...

Old 11-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems...

03 r6 all of a sudden no power just going down the road in 6th gear and feels like it's in neutral. on the side of the road and i put it in gear (or what i thought was in gear...neutral light went out anyways) and i can just let go of the clutch and it sits idling like in neutral...what the deal! thinkin' clutch or tranny...any ideas?
Old 11-11-2006, 07:20 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation
Default Re: Problems...

um, did the chain break?

not trying to be a smartass, but i've seen it happen.

if not, it's probably in the clutch. if it feels like it still goes thru the gears, then the tranny is probably fine, although there's a possibility of a broken tranny shaft.

oh, one more thing to check, b/c i've seen it happen 6 or 7 times on r6's. the nut that holds the front sprocket on, check it, make sure it's on, and tight. i don't know what it is about that bike that makes the nut come loose and/or strip. if it's screwed, let me know. i happen to have a complete r6 tranny in my closet, including the sprocket nut an whatnot
Old 11-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
um, did the chain break?

not trying to be a smartass, but i've seen it happen.

if not, it's probably in the clutch. if it feels like it still goes thru the gears, then the tranny is probably fine, although there's a possibility of a broken tranny shaft.

oh, one more thing to check, b/c i've seen it happen 6 or 7 times on r6's. the nut that holds the front sprocket on, check it, make sure it's on, and tight. i don't know what it is about that bike that makes the nut come loose and/or strip. if it's screwed, let me know. i happen to have a complete r6 tranny in my closet, including the sprocket nut an whatnot
cool man, thanks...i haven't even been able to take it apart yet but that was my first step i was gonna take and i have a feeling it has to be the chain or that nut mainly because of all the shavings but i'll let you know when i take a look. thanks again!
Old 11-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

exact same thing happened to my friend's 03 R6, but haven't gotten a chance to take a look at it for him, if you find out lemme know might give me a head start
Old 11-12-2006, 03:46 PM
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by seanazzy
cool man, thanks...i haven't even been able to take it apart yet but that was my first step i was gonna take and i have a feeling it has to be the chain or that nut mainly because of all the shavings but i'll let you know when i take a look. thanks again!

shavings??? that CAN'T be good. if the trans output shaft is chewed up, let me know, like i said, i have a whole r6 tranny sitting here, you're more than welcome to the parts if you need em. it's just sitting here collecting dust from a motor swap i did for a guy a while back.

BUT, if the shaft is screwed, the motor has to come out, and come apart to replace the shaft.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

shavings??? that CAN'T be good. if the trans output shaft is chewed up, let me know, like i said, i have a whole r6 tranny sitting here, you're more than welcome to the parts if you need em. it's just sitting here collecting dust from a motor swap i did for a guy a while back.

BUT, if the shaft is screwed, the motor has to come out, and come apart to replace the shaft.
yeah took off the front cover and the nut is fukin GONE! haha so ordered new sprockets and chain anyways and nut...can't really tell if the shaft is stripped but hoping not. my friend already said he'd help me take it apart so if worst comes to worst i'd probably try takin' that off your hands...how much you talkin? thanks man
Old 11-13-2006, 03:47 PM
hatrs make me famous

if you need the shaft, you can have it, just pay shipping, unless you want to drive down to va beach and pick it up.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:32 PM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

if you need the shaft, you can have it, just pay shipping, unless you want to drive down to va beach and pick it up.
I KNEW you were GAY
Old 11-13-2006, 04:33 PM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

Old 11-13-2006, 06:26 PM
hatrs make me famous