Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Pivot Turning...

Old 01-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pivot Turning...

for those of you that've read Twist of the Wrist Vol. II and people that track, I'm having trouble understanding this...it's possibly something I already do and don't even know. Any pointers or better explanations than the book would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...hope everyone's enjoyin' the freezin' ass weather - YEAH RIGHT!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:18 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pivot Turning...

I haven't read it, but I would assume he's refering to counter steering. Are you familiar with that? If not your doing it every time you ride the bike.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

nah i understand counter steering completely. i've read it over and over a million times and all i can think of is just the way you distribute your weight. he says in a left turn, you could be pushing on your right peg etc...pretty confusing sh!t if you ask me
Old 02-16-2007, 12:42 PM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

ha, the first thing i think of for pivot turning is when ur about to get on your bike but u realize u have to back it out of a space, so you put the kick stand down, pull the bike toward you so all the weight is on the kick stand and then "pivot" the bike around in a circle on the stand and carefully put it back on its wheels so that it is facing the opposite direction. other than that, I don't recall anything about pivot turning in the msf class.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Originally Posted by Stea1thy
ha, the first thing i think of for pivot turning is when ur about to get on your bike but u realize u have to back it out of a space, so you put the kick stand down, pull the bike toward you so all the weight is on the kick stand and then "pivot" the bike around in a circle on the stand and carefully put it back on its wheels so that it is facing the opposite direction. other than that, I don't recall anything about pivot turning in the msf class.
Do people actually do this with a modern sportbike? I've seen it done but on smaller and lighter bikes.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

93civic is an unknown quantity at this point

from what i understand through reading twist of the wrist is that pivot turning... is basically putting ur weight on the outside peg opposite of the turn, just to balance the pressure on the rear wheel, thus giving you more cushion to get on the throttle. correct me if im wrong please.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 93civic
from what i understand through reading twist of the wrist is that pivot turning... is basically putting ur weight on the outside peg opposite of the turn, just to balance the pressure on the rear wheel, thus giving you more cushion to get on the throttle. correct me if im wrong please.
i thought that might be what he's talking about, but it doesn't have much to do with turning, or initiating a turn so saying pivot turning sounded odd, since its all about getting on the gas quicker, standing the bike up, and finishing the turn... but yea you've got it right
Old 02-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

wow everyone said somethin different