VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Cycle Corner (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/)
-   -   ok...i got my first bike (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/cycle-corner-41/ok-i-got-my-first-bike-174282/)

Vern 02-03-2007 09:47 PM

Re: ok...i got my first bike

well if the weather gets better im always down for ridding! and if you ever wanna go to the track, ill be out there too!!!!

onepointone 02-04-2007 07:42 AM

why is it that i knew as soon as i read that he had bought a lowered/stretched gsxr1000 that he was going to get flamed?

its not your bike, dont knock it. ever get the idea maybe some people dont care how it corners? dont be so quick to tell a new rider what to do with their newly aquired bike.

and for it being a 1k.. just be carefull. that bike will put you on your ass quick, but im sure you know that. just be carefull especially this time of year with cold tires/trying to learn on a 1k. i dont have one, but im sure it wont be anything for that bike to spin over that rear tire.

im always up for riding, but im in richmond. i dont think theres a huge amount of meets, but i think we should do some more get togethers this coming up season..

skr00zloose 02-04-2007 07:55 AM

<--- steve from 7 city cycles

GYL, if you're who i think you are, it's just like i told you the other day, just respect the bike, you'll be fine. everyone here is going to have thier own opinions, so just do what you wanna do. the main issue you're probably going to have is traction with that stretched arm. just be easy on the throttle, and you should be fine.

if you're not who i'm thinking, disregard that first sentence, but the same still applies as far as the bike goes.

gyl 02-04-2007 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by skr00zloose (Post 2801809)
<--- steve from 7 city cycles

GYL, if you're who i think you are, it's just like i told you the other day, just respect the bike, you'll be fine. everyone here is going to have thier own opinions, so just do what you wanna do. the main issue you're probably going to have is traction with that stretched arm. just be easy on the throttle, and you should be fine.

if you're not who i'm thinking, disregard that first sentence, but the same still applies as far as the bike goes.

it is me...we talked...joe's freind from the gym...thanks man..i rode it around the neighborhood today...man it was awesome,cold as hell but awesome.

skr00zloose 02-04-2007 03:17 PM

i figured that was you. have fun with that bike man. don't worry it'll be warm eventually!

djgrom 02-04-2007 04:42 PM

You all, except skrooz, some dude a few posts above and maybe one other guy are assholes. Have fun on the bike dude, keep play time safe, unless your alvin, in which case, yes cage it, put the stock swing arm back on and stunt it.

djgrom 02-04-2007 04:43 PM

All of you except steve, and the guy a few posts above and maybe one other guy are assholes. Have fun on the bike dude and keep play time safe.

skr00zloose 02-04-2007 04:57 PM

i usually don't even reply to "first bike" threads, because there's so many people that'll nail you to the cross in here if you mention starting out on anything but a 600. lol.

but, this guy i have met before, he's not stupid, and i think he'll be fine on a 1k.

onepointone 02-04-2007 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by skr00zloose (Post 2803044)
......so many people that'll nail you to the cross in here if you mention starting out on anything but a 600. lol.

shit... doesnt even seem like thats ok...

Armenian 02-04-2007 05:00 PM

fukn squids haha