Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

ok...i got my first bike

Old 02-03-2007, 08:11 PM
gyl
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these parts
Default ok...i got my first bike

have rode in close to 10 years...last time i was riding kawi kx250's off road...a whole-nother animal i know.ok,now i have a 02 gsxr1000...lowered,extended swing arm,and a few other mods.i know i need to respect the bike.and i'm not the kinda guy that wants to do tricks or anything...honestly...i wanna go out on a nice day,cruise around on the interstate at 60 and enjoy the ride.so how many get togethers do you guys have...weather permitting?
Old 02-03-2007, 08:13 PM
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad
Default Re: ok...i got my first bike

1st street bike and you get a Jikky 1K? haha, aight... ummm pics? get a stock swingarm and raise it back up please.

the hangout spot is the BP in va beach on atlantic
Old 02-03-2007, 08:14 PM
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

stock gixxer parts are on ebay all day, especially the K3, put that suspension back to stock bro. trust me.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:21 PM
gyl
Registered Member

gyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these partsgyl is infamous around these parts

may i ask why do i want to put a stock swingarm back on?
Old 02-03-2007, 08:22 PM
d00d

duder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gyl
i wanna go out on a nice day,cruise around on the interstate at 60 and enjoy the ride.

Didn't need a liter to do that, pal.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:25 PM
gyl
Registered Member

no,but i fell into a good deal...and i am 265-270 lbs.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:33 PM
1 happy dude

that stretched out lowered crap corners poorly, you have no gorund clearance and a stupid long wheelbase, the bike is already a "big" 1000 and with it being lowered, about the only thing its good for is drag racing... it will corner like shit, and if u do get it to turn your gonna scrape plastics...
these arent cars, lowering them makes handling worse, not better.

People that use weight as an excuse for getting a liter bike are misinformed, i know a few dudes in the mid 200s that competatively race 600s.
But you got a deal, so i wont knock you.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:37 PM
1 happy dude

already found you one....

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php...light=swingarm
Old 02-03-2007, 08:42 PM
gyl
Registered Member

Originally Posted by snikwad
that stretched out lowered crap corners poorly, you have no gorund clearance and a stupid long wheelbase, the bike is already a "big" 1000 and with it being lowered, about the only thing its good for is drag racing... it will corner like shit, and if u do get it to turn your gonna scrape plastics...
these arent cars, lowering them makes handling worse, not better.

People that use weight as an excuse for getting a liter bike are misinformed, i know a few dudes in the mid 200s that competatively race 600s.
But you got a deal, so i wont knock you.

i'm honestly not looking to drop my knees into any corners either...i knew this was more of a straight line style bike...kinda what i wanted coming from a drag racing mentality with my mustangs.i hope i don't scrape plastics with my heavy ass on it...i can't wait for the weather to break a bit.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:46 PM
1 happy dude

suit yourself, you cant scrape knee on that, so dont worry, it'll rub on any halfway lean if its as low as i imagine.

Quick Reply: ok...i got my first bike