Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

oil

Old 05-05-2006, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackXplorer has disabled reputation
Default oil

what it the best oil for a 04 636?
Old 05-05-2006, 06:04 AM
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oil

I use mobil one full synthetic in my gsxr ,any good full synthetic ..
Old 05-05-2006, 06:18 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

some oil is better than no oil, new oil is better than old oil, other than those two simple rules its all guess work and a matter of opinion, people say you can't use car oil, i've got guys with 60,000 miles on their gsxrs using castrol gtx, other guys use it and burn their clutches 100 miles later, some guys say full synthetic will make your clutches slip, i've been using it for tens of thousands of miles with no problem... i use synthetic but just because when it comes to maintaining my stuff i like to err on the side of caution, all new luxury and sports cars, aprilias, ducatis, and pretty much every race team run synthetic so to me that tells me theres probably a reason, but i don't actually believe that if i rode for 80,000 mile with regular bike oil anything bad would happen, people say switching to full synthetic it will be night and day smoother shifting, these are also usually the same people that put in a k&n air filter and can "feel the difference", i think it feels slightly smoother but theres a good chance its all in my head... just run whatever oil your comfortable with, just change it regularly and you will be fine no matter what someone else tells you, should be 10w40 i imagine
Old 05-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 3xb18
I use mobil one full synthetic in my gsxr ,any good full synthetic ..
ok... how about the weight???
Old 05-05-2006, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
some oil is better than no oil, new oil is better than old oil, other than those two simple rules its all guess work and a matter of opinion, people say you can't use car oil, i've got guys with 60,000 miles on their gsxrs using castrol gtx, other guys use it and burn their clutches 100 miles later, some guys say full synthetic will make your clutches slip, i've been using it for tens of thousands of miles with no problem... i use synthetic but just because when it comes to maintaining my stuff i like to err on the side of caution, all new luxury and sports cars, aprilias, ducatis, and pretty much every race team run synthetic so to me that tells me theres probably a reason, but i don't actually believe that if i rode for 80,000 mile with regular bike oil anything bad would happen, people say switching to full synthetic it will be night and day smoother shifting, these are also usually the same people that put in a k&n air filter and can "feel the difference", i think it feels slightly smoother but theres a good chance its all in my head... just run whatever oil your comfortable with, just change it regularly and you will be fine no matter what someone else tells you, should be 10w40 i imagine
damn!!! everything i need to know...thanks bro : ) and yeah im going with full synthetic and 10w40
Old 05-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

You can't go wrong with factory recommendations. But like Del said, change it regularly, and keep it clean and full and you'll be good.

I run Castrol HD30 in my old tech air cooled Suzuki (wouldn't recommend that for your kawi!!) - it's what the bike likes. When I switched to full synthetic (AMSOIL cycle formula) the clutch would slip when I whacked the throttle open. Went back to SAE 30 and the bike runs great again. It has 30,000 or so miles of hard riding on it and it's still on the original clutch and the motor has never been opened. Keep your bike maintained and you won't have any trouble!
Old 05-05-2006, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

nice
Old 05-05-2006, 06:36 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

oh lord... the never-ending oil coversation....

beware.. every forum on the net has a thread on it somewhere about oil

it's personal preference. i use honda oil, non synthetic. but i also change my oil alot. i used redline ($12 a quart!) in my race bikes, for no other reason than it like the way it made the trans feel.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:05 AM
Registered Member

ok guys thanks for the ideas... i changed my oil last weekend and i used repsol 10w40 fully synthetic racing and it cost 10.99 a quart.damn!!!