Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Odd question for people in hampton roads.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:27 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT
Default Re: Odd question for people in hampton roads.

OH... and EITHER WAY... I still want to see who can do the DMV coarse!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:33 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

The MSF does have a point system, id be happy to take the dmv test if I dont sell my bike, and dude...Its course, not coarse.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
OH... and EITHER WAY... I still want to see who can do the DMV coarse!!!
fuck the dmv test..that shit is hard and they are unforgiving.

with that said if you took the msf, not sure how you failed that cuz when i took it years ago, there was a guy that high sided on the emergency stop exercise and went over the handlebars on a 250 rebel. they still passed his ass.

i think its cuz he was the only black guy
Old 11-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Spindrift
The MSF does have a point system, id be happy to take the dmv test if I dont sell my bike, and dude...Its course, not coarse.
coarse is spindrift's ass without lotion
Old 11-05-2009, 09:02 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by Chino
coarse is spindrift's ass without lotion
You think that's coarse you should see fairladys after some sweet wheelies.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

llamaninja has disabled reputation

Well I was riding out today with my mom's boyfriend. I would have been on this convo earlier but I was in my eng 112 class so I didnt get done till late afternoon. Also I am trying to cover all the parts that I noticed.

As for when I failed the class yes sadly it was the MSF class and I screwed up basically on the only part you SHOULDNT and CANT screw up on(I had never even touched a bike before the class). For some reason when making that large turn when I was breaking I had my hand on the clutch and I moved my left foot lightly. Causing me to shift the bike into n well I gave the bike gas in the turn only to notice that I rev the engine and figuring out what I did AFTER I looked down I grabbed the clutch and shifted to second but while looking down I took the turn slow causing me to go out some. Add that with the fact I slowed down in the turn (by being dumb). I also took too long in the turn and that is the only part you cant redo so yea I did my very own instant fail. What really got me I didnt have a problem with that turn UNTIL the test.

As for who I am looking to ride with I am just looking for someone to give pointers and ride around on the empty streets and if you think I am awful I dont mind riding around in a parking lot to show that I can do fine. I dont want to go all fast and be an idiot and get myself killed.
I just want to ride with someone that is safe on a bike and if you dont want to ride with me that is fine.

The reason I havent retaken the class is I am in college and well I worked at Busch Gardens and to get the bike and everything ended up costing me a lot of money I am planning to sign up for the class next weekend. If you want to ride with me after that it is fine, I just want to ride a bike safely.

Also I just noticed about that riding at night part... thanks for the heads up I didnt spot that on the dmv page about the permit.

Last edited by llamaninja; 11-05-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
Where in Hampton Roads are you located at?
Hampton
Old 11-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sir loin
llike vangorder said, practice around the neighborhood.

i dont live in hampton or go that way too often, otherwise i would help out.

btw, what bike did you get?
2003 GSX-R 600

Originally Posted by Chino
fuck the dmv test..that shit is hard and they are unforgiving.

with that said if you took the msf, not sure how you failed that cuz when i took it years ago, there was a guy that high sided on the emergency stop exercise and went over the handlebars on a 250 rebel. they still passed his ass.

i think its cuz he was the only black guy
Well the two people that should have failed in my mind cause they did as bad as me. One guy took him 3 times to actually stop prior to the stop line and the first time he actually stalled the bike out.
The other guy actually dropped the bike while doing the brake BUT it caught his leg so it was about a 70* angle but not on the ground.

Last edited by llamaninja; 11-05-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:14 AM
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
But in order to legally do so. You have to have a license rider accompany you while you ride on a permit. And you cannot do so after midnight.

Fixed.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

jbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by llamaninja
2003 GSX-R 600
Im gonna say it now and Im sure someone else will agree but thats to much bike for a new rider.

Quick Reply: Odd question for people in hampton roads.