Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

New toy

Old 02-11-2004, 08:50 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: New toy

dope bike.. I know a dude who's moving to cali to race the R1. He's got some 1000cc bike now, not sure what kind. I know it's not a gixxer. I think it's a Yamaha. can someone throw out names for me? heh=]
Old 02-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

if its a 1000 it could be the R1, ZX10R, or CBR1000RR

04' R6 is a awesome bike, i had my friend's 03' for a few weeks and loved it, what color?
Old 02-11-2004, 12:06 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

zx10r, thanks. gorgeous bike. well, I think all bikes are nice, I'm definitely going to own one in a few years.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Blue, but i just found out today that my position at my job has been replaced with someone without a school schedule to work around, so ive been kicked from 11 bucks an our to 8. And that just wont cut it for an '04 bike.

Back to searching i guess.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

Slow CX is an unknown quantity at this point

The zx-10 is a nice bike. That sucks about you job. I'm sure you can find something you like in your price range.

Is there a kit to mount the tag like that or did you make something. I have seen some you can buy that go under the tail but I don't think it is the same thing you have. I wonder if I can do that with how the exhaust is.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i did it custom myself it was fairly easy... you'll just have to see where you can put it
Old 02-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slow_Rolla
Blue, but i just found out today that my position at my job has been replaced with someone without a school schedule to work around, so ive been kicked from 11 bucks an our to 8. And that just wont cut it for an '04 bike.

Back to searching i guess.
your better off with a used bike as your first bike.
sucks that you got your wages reduced
Old 02-13-2004, 07:04 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by Alwayslast
your better off with a used bike as your first bike.
sucks that you got your wages reduced
Yeah, your right. I found a '01 Yamaha YZF600. Is this an R6, or are they two completely different things? You all know im new to bikes, so i wouldnt know from looking at it. But its only 3500 and thats right in my price range, so if it has potential, then im all for it.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

Slow CX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slow_Rolla
Yeah, your right. I found a '01 Yamaha YZF600. Is this an R6, or are they two completely different things? You all know im new to bikes, so i wouldnt know from looking at it. But its only 3500 and thats right in my price range, so if it has potential, then im all for it.
No its a different bike. My first bike was a 00 yzf600. The r6 has 2 seats that one has 1 big seat. I think its a good starter bike. If you want to do stunts it might not be a good bike. I never got the front tire off the ground. I wasn't trying to but it does not have the power to do it. How many miles does it have. That doesn't sound like a bad price either.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:53 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by Slow CX
No its a different bike. My first bike was a 00 yzf600. The r6 has 2 seats that one has 1 big seat. I think its a good starter bike. If you want to do stunts it might not be a good bike. I never got the front tire off the ground. I wasn't trying to but it does not have the power to do it. How many miles does it have. That doesn't sound like a bad price either.

7200 miles, garage kept, D&D slip-on (whatever that is), after market shield & matching HJC Helmet (which i already have).

Even though its a good starter bike, will i be wanting a new one in a year because that one is too weak? Id like my first purchase to be something ill be content with for the next 3 years. I cant forsee having the money to get another bike until then, so id like to have something that has some power to start with even if i a noob. This way i dont feel compelled to have to get another bike. So that being the case, do you still think i should look at getting it, or should i wait a little longer and see what else i can find?

Quick Reply: New toy