Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

IN NEED OF HELP BIKE NOT STARTING

Old 09-14-2008, 02:29 PM
R1? IT'S A BEAST...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
donteay_wc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IN NEED OF HELP BIKE NOT STARTING

ok so i let my friend change the oil on my bike while i was at work and i came home to ride for a bit. i looked at the oil glass and i notice that it was kind of full but i did not think anything of it. so i start it up and take it out the garage and start riding down the street. all of a sudden white smoke starts pouring out the exhaust. LOTS OF SMOKE... at this point i was like what the fuck. so i turn around and head back to my house which was 2 min away and no sooner than i pulled it in the driveway it cuts off... so i try to start it and it makes a clinking sound. i have not clue what is wrong but the me it seems like he over filled the oil.... i am curious to know what the hell that clinking sound could be... any suggestions?
Old 09-14-2008, 03:16 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: IN NEED OF HELP BIKE NOT STARTING

sound like a spun bearing or something...
Old 09-14-2008, 03:19 PM
R1? IT'S A BEAST...

thats what i was thinking is that hard to fix? while i am fixing that are there any other parts that i need to replace while i am fixing that?

Last edited by donteay_wc; 09-14-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:30 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by donteay_wc
thats what i was thinking is that hard to fix? while i am fixing that are there any other parts that i need to replace while i am fixing that?
if it spun a bearing you're looking at a crank, at least 1 rod (if it was a rod beaing that spun) and a complete set of crank and rod bearings. expensive, yes. labor intensive, yes. does it usually happen from overfilling the oil? no, not really. but if you have a defective oil filter (seen it happen a few times) you'll get little to no oil flow and that can most certainly spin a bearing. though you'd usually know that b/c the oil light will usually stay on.

if your friend that changed the oil filled the cases until the oil was in the sight glass, but did so with the bike on the sidestand and not straight up and down, it's probably waaaaay over full, which usually blows ALOT of oil into the airbox via the crankcase vent, which then gets sucked thru the intake tract and burned, which smokes like crazy and fouls plugs with a quickness (probably why it died and won't restart). as far as the noise? could be alot of things. hard to say 100% without hearing it myself. if it started to blow ALOT of oil into the airbox and into the cylinders, it can lock the motor b/c such a massive amount of oil won't want to compress. that can bend a rod and the excessive pressure can screw up the rod bearings.

Last edited by skr00zloose; 09-14-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:39 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

what he said..^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 09-14-2008, 03:44 PM
R1? IT'S A BEAST...

thanks for the input..... is there a shop i can take it to to find out what it is without them hitting me over the head.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:11 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

take it to skrooz donteay...ive never heard anything bad about him at all...i think hes in va beach...unless hes moved
Old 09-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

cbr6004sale has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by skr00zloose

if your friend that changed the oil filled the cases until the oil was in the sight glass, but did so with the bike on the sidestand and not straight up and down, it's probably waaaaay over full, .
he must have over filled it forsure. the bike was more than likely on the kickstand when he filled it, and did his level check.. which is wrong .the bike need to be straight up down to get the proper level in the glass
Old 09-14-2008, 05:29 PM
CustomGSR

kaltares is an unknown quantity at this point

precision motorcycle n vabeach
Old 09-14-2008, 05:29 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by nftuatn
take it to skrooz donteay...ive never heard anything bad about him at all...i think hes in va beach...unless hes moved
still in va beach. shop's at 17th and baltic at the oceanfront if you want me to have a look at it. if you're gonna bring it to me though, don't mess with it any more, specifically, DON'T drain the oil. i can sometimes tell if a bearing got wiped by looking at the oil, and i'll obviously be able to tell you if it's overfull, and by how much.

Quick Reply: IN NEED OF HELP BIKE NOT STARTING