Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

NEED HELP ASAP

Old 08-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAWESOME has disabled reputation
Default NEED HELP ASAP

2000 Kawasaki zx-10

I just got my bike back and i had it started last night but it cut off due to an electrical short at the ignition. So, i traced the problem etc and found that a brown wire was broken off at the solder point inside of the ignition. Tried to take it apart but previous owner tried to fix I'm guessing and it was stripped out. SO, i bypassed the key ignition for a switch... everything works, everything cuts on

BUT! Now it won't start?
I've done this ignition bypass on various bikes and never had a problem and i believe it's not the problem.

I think that either the spark plugs or the coil packs are bad... I took out a spark plug and placed it on block while plugged in and tried to start bike and got no sparks at all, so i tried another plug and got nothing... did the same with each wire and got nothing. I used a wire tester and tested everything but came to the conclusion that i need help. The coil packs are getting ground and power, but nothing is coming out of them (i think) but I'm not sure what to do at this point and time.

If anyone has any information that would help please reply immediately
Old 08-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Registered member

i need a civic! has disabled reputation
Default Re: NEED HELP ASAP

this happened on my dirtbike. well it used to start then when i got it started it would bogg down. checked the plugs got a spark then i wouldnt get one. found out my coil was bad so thats what i would look in too.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by i need a civic!
this happened on my dirtbike. well it used to start then when i got it started it would bogg down. checked the plugs got a spark then i wouldnt get one. found out my coil was bad so thats what i would look in too.
Yeah, just not sure if the method i chose to check out the coil pack was correct cause it was half ghetto lol... but it works most of the time
Old 08-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough

Some of these newer bikes require 5v on a certain wire to bypass a sort of anti-theft. Look around at www.customfighters.com I remember seeing a thread about this and a solution.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:15 AM
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

i would go buy a volt meter
Old 08-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

Didn't find anything about that concerning my bike, mainly with the hondas... but i have a volt meter, but it just simply seems like there is no spark from the coil pack... would there be anything i csn do or check to see why they aren't working?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

EMCracing will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PAWESOME
Didn't find anything about that concerning my bike, mainly with the hondas... but i have a volt meter, but it just simply seems like there is no spark from the coil pack... would there be anything i csn do or check to see why they aren't working?
i dont think it is the coils. it has to do with the ignition
Old 09-04-2009, 09:38 AM
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

we had a few kawas the came in with fuel pump problemsthey werent grounding everyone thought that is was ignition but it wasnt if you lifted the tank all the way up the tank would ground out and it woud start and run perfect you set it down and nothing it may be a long shot but check it
Old 09-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Come see my stroker

daboi40 has disabled reputation

find the maint. book for your bike online. if it's anything for the one like my yammy it'll tell you what the resistance should be. if i find it i'll send you eithr the link or the pdf itself.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:23 AM
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by PAWESOME
dont take this as a insult but have you checked all of your safety system (kick stand switch -tip over switch)

Quick Reply: NEED HELP ASAP