Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

need help

Old 04-20-2005, 04:32 PM
takin it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY
Default need help

i have a1999 yamaha Yzf-r6 it has been customized some. it has flush mount trun signals and the rear has the turn signals built into the tail lights. i have been told this will not pass inspection. i have yet to try to get it inspected.

I either need to be told what parts and how to convert it back to stock trun signals

or

need tips or locations on where to take it so it will pass inspection

this is the only thing holding me back from gettting it to pass.....help ....please
Old 04-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Default Re: need help

They all told me to go to a car place that does vehicle inspections. Im thinkin Meiniki, Jiffy Lube, Tread Quarters, etc etc will do it.

What I forgot to tell you is that you can simply unplug all the signals before you go for inspection and then just plug them back in when you come back--because the law is either you have 4 signals VDOT spec, or you have no signals at all. Just go the no signals at all approach and then hook them bitches back up.

After thinking about it even more, on that bike, i think if you unplug the front signals the rear ones wont work, but i cant remember....so just give it a try.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:06 PM
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

Originally Posted by Mr.6
They all told me to go to a car place that does vehicle inspections. Im thinkin Meiniki, Jiffy Lube, Tread Quarters, etc etc will do it.

What I forgot to tell you is that you can simply unplug all the signals before you go for inspection and then just plug them back in when you come back--because the law is either you have 4 signals VDOT spec, or you have no signals at all. Just go the no signals at all approach and then hook them bitches back up.

After thinking about it even more, on that bike, i think if you unplug the front signals the rear ones wont work, but i cant remember....so just give it a try.

thanks dude, but why did you have the bike for a year and not do this? i have to have the bike inspected to take my test at the dmv. thats why i am asking
Old 04-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

take them all off and you'll be good to go. Don't just unplug them but make sure there are empty holes. Also make sure there are no stickers or graphics over the headlights. I had to switch out my headlights to pass inspection this week
Old 04-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

yea, the rule is if it has signals or light than it has to work. so just remove all the signals and just use hand signal to ride around . But if you just take it to where you get your car gets inspected than you should be ok as long as the signals work.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by slowsilverteg
thanks dude, but why did you have the bike for a year and not do this? i have to have the bike inspected to take my test at the dmv. thats why i am asking
A) Im lazy
B) I dont know why I didnt do what i posted up earlier, it suddenly came to me, or
C) I had thought of doing what i posted but wanted to return to Casey where they would have tried to tack somethin onto me just to get a sale.
D) C plus i was just lazy and figured a no state inspection ticket isnt gonna run me shit in the long run. I got a ticket on the bike for no inspection--it was only 30 bucks and i still didnt get an inspection.