Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

NEED ANY HELP POSSIBLE

Old 11-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LindoRiqueno02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEED ANY HELP POSSIBLE

okay long story short i saw an ad for an 01 buell blast that i bought. i test drove it and all was well to the best of my knowledge. it looked clean and well taken care of and during the test ride all was well(including smooth shifting). but then i went to drive to my parents house to show them and at the light before their house the bike wouldnt shift into first. so i took the bike to she side and i would pull the clutch and kick it into first, the N light will turn off, and when i would release the clutch and give it gas it wouldnt move. im thinkin the tranny is messed up. the bike now idles high. and ive tried puttin it into second then first, turnin it off then back on, jerkin the shit out of it, and nothin worked. my room mate tried and he couldnt get it either. so if any1 can tell me ANYTHIN i would greatly appreciate it. whether its some troubleshootin ideas or anythin like that.....HELP PLEASE.

THANKS
Old 11-18-2008, 06:49 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy
Default Re: NEED ANY HELP POSSIBLE

Will it move from a stop if you kick it up into second?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

it wont move at all unless i roll it....it doesnt matter what gear i kick it in....it wont respond to the throttle.....

if u can think of anythin for me to do....or even if u no of a good place that wont charge much bc im kinda broke now....and this shit sucks ass.....
Old 11-18-2008, 10:32 PM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

I really have no idea but a broken clutch cable?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:45 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

To those unfamiliar with buell/harley drivetrains, there's a chain connecting the crankshaft to the transmission. It's under the left side engine cover. It sounds to me like the chain may have broken. Not a very common issue, especially on a blast that doesn't make much power, but it's a definate possibility. Also, just out of curiosity, did the drive belt break (the one that goes to the rear wheel)?

A broken primary chain would explain the high idle also, since without it, there's no drag from the trans on the motor, and without the load, it'll let the motor rev higher at idle. It would also explain why it is hard to get it into any gear. Motorcycle transmissions don't have syncro's like cars, so without the trans shaft spinning, alot of times they don't like to drop into gear. broken primary chain = no spinning trans shafts, no power to transmission, no go anywhere

If you want to check the primary chain, you can just drain the trans/primary fluid, and pop the primary cover off. Unfortunatly, blast's don't have primary inspection covers like the XB's and most harley's do, so you actually have to take the whole primary cover off.

a blast motor is pretty much just half of a sportster motor, and the're pretty freakin simple to work on. Even if the primary chain is ok and it turns out to be something internal in the trans (broken output shaft maybe?), you can get the whole trans out of the bike without dropping the motor, with probably 45 minutes or so of wrenching.

Last edited by skr00zloose; 11-19-2008 at 03:48 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:21 AM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

Damn, good shit Steve, repped.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

yea well i dont have another day off of work until monday and im in school too so its gonna take some time for me to get somethin goin with this...but thanks for the help and ill take a look.....
Old 11-19-2008, 08:24 AM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

good shit steve...
Old 11-19-2008, 01:49 PM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

Not to thread jack but......... know how to fix a headlight problem on an F3 Steve???
Old 11-19-2008, 02:19 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by oNi
Not to thread jack but......... know how to fix a headlight problem on an F3 Steve???
still haven't gotten that fixed?? hahahahaha. yeah, i can handle that, no prob.

where do you live? might be easier for me to just come by and get that fixed.