Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

My first bike

Old 06-25-2009, 10:44 AM
low n slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
757neon 757neon
Default Re: My first bike

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Ha ha ha spoken with true ignorance. Why didn't you get a 1000 or a 1300 then? I am not gonna comment further because you wouldn't understand. BTW, tell your mother you love her before you wreck it.
Wasn't meaning to sound ignorant. Honestly I think a 1000 or 1300 would be to much. How bout you help me understand instead of beein as asshole about it. I asked around before I went and bought a 750 and most people say a 750 is a good choice because I will grow out of a 500 or 600 quick.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Ha ha ha spoken with true ignorance. Why didn't you get a 1000 or a 1300 then? I am not gonna comment further because you wouldn't understand, and you don't know any better. BTW, tell your mother you love her before you wreck it. Be very very careful.
that's a bit harsh, not everyone is that stupid to underestimate the bike, I knew a girl that started out on a CBR1000RR and respected it, never had a problem.

to the OP, call your mom RIGHT NOW and tell her u love her, lmao
Old 06-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 757neon
Wasn't meaning to sound ignorant. Honestly I think a 1000 or 1300 would be to much. How bout you help me understand instead of beein as asshole about it. I asked around before I went and bought a 750 and most people say a 750 is a good choice because I will grow out of a 500 or 600 quick.
this is true, just remember, the bike will do what u make it do. if you tell it to take the turn too fast for it's tires/suspension it will do it, etc... don't go faster than your guardian angel can keep up, don't do more than your experience suggests, and you'll be fine.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:47 AM
low n slow

757neon 757neon

LOL!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 AM
low n slow

757neon 757neon

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
this is true, just remember, the bike will do what u make it do. if you tell it to take the turn too fast for it's tires/suspension it will do it, etc... don't go faster than your guardian angel can keep up, don't do more than your experience suggests, and you'll be fine.
AGREE. THANKS
Old 06-25-2009, 10:57 AM
CustomGSR

kaltares is an unknown quantity at this point

Be safe n wear your gear. Don't act like a tard either. Nice bike by the way.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

How do you know a 750 is a good choice? Have you spent countless hours and miles on it to learn how it handles, to learn how it reacts when you give it a certain input, or how it will react when you come in too hot in a turn? How about when you have to take an evasive action on it due to road conditions, a car, etc. Even if you make a simple mistake like sneeze and yank too much throttle(this can happen). A 750 is a horrible choice as is a 600 SS for a person that never has ridden a bike.
Go on a bike site(not here) and ask them is a 750 or a 600 SS bike a good beginner bike. I can tell you a few will laugh you off the site and telling you that it is not and will agree that a 250,500, 650 twin make better beginner bikes for several reasons. Those that told you a 750 is a good bike hung you out to dry and really should not be offer such horrible advice.

I along with some, have made several posts talking about why a SS bike is NOT the bike to be learning on. You have little to no time on a bike let alone a bike that is for experienced riders, which you are not. Your learning curve will be slow because unlike a 250/500/650 twin, the mistakes you make on that 750 will put you on the ground. There is no forgiveness in these bikes. What you can do on a 250 or a 500 you can't on a SS bike. In the end those who start off on smaller bikes and gain experience will become better riders in the end.

Also it is a know fact that people get new bikes every 3-4 years, so that outgrow shit is just another ignorant uninformed rider spouting bs!

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
that's a bit harsh, not everyone is that stupid to underestimate the bike, I knew a girl that started out on a CBR1000RR and respected it, never had a problem.

to the OP, call your mom RIGHT NOW and tell her u love her, lmao
Just because 1 person can do it doesn't mean anyone else can. Man,it is bad enough the risk is there and just adding ourselves to the risk furthermore by getting on something we really shouldn't doesn't help yourself. For every 1 person that has been lucky to start on a bigger and faster bike, there are dozens more who hurt themselves or wrecked.

BTW, you can't respect a bike and it's power.

Last edited by Woodrow; 06-25-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

How do you know a 750 is a good choice? Have you spent countless hours and miles on it to learn how it handles, to learn how it reacts when you give it a certain input, or how it will react when you come in too hot in a turn? How about when you have to take an evasive action on it due to road conditions, a car, etc. Even if you make a simple mistake like sneeze and yank too much throttle(this can happen). A 750 is a horrible choice as is a 600 SS for a person that never has ridden a bike.
Go on a bike site(not here) and ask them is a 750 or a 600 SS bike a good beginner bike. I can tell you a few will laugh you off the site and telling you that it is not and will agree that a 250,500, 650 twin make better beginner bikes for several reasons. Those that told you a 750 is a good bike hung you out to dry and really should not be offer such horrible advice.

I along with some, have made several posts talking about why a SS bike is NOT the bike to be learning on. You have little to no time on a bike let alone a bike that is for experienced riders, which you are not. Your learning curve will be slow because unlike a 250/500/650 twin, the mistakes you make on that 750 will put you on the ground. There is no forgiveness in these bikes. What you can do on a 250 or a 500 you can't on a SS bike. In the end those who start off on smaller bikes and gain experience will become better riders in the end.

Also it is a know fact that people get new bikes every 3-4 years, so that outgrow shit is just another ignorant uninformed rider spouting bs!

Just because 1 person can do it doesn't mean anyone else can. Man,it is bad enough the risk is there and just adding ourselves to the risk furthermore by getting on something we really shouldn't doesn't help yourself. For every 1 person that has been lucky to start on a bigger and faster bike, there are dozens more who hurt themselves or wrecked.
awesome post as usual, I expected nothing less +rep
Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, it is just over the past 13 years of riding, I have seen people make silly mistakes and wrecked there bikes. I have seen many wreck who were on machines they really shouldn't be on at that level. Even more so now that riding a motorcycle is more dangerous when I started in 1996. More and more assholes are driving on the phone, putting makeup on, texting and just not giving a fuck and it pisses me off to see a rider go down because of that. So what do we do? We put ourselves at the very same risk by starting off on something we really have no business being on.

Yeah, they ask around to their friends to see what kind of bike to get and of course they say get what you want or get what looks good. This normally means the best looking or the fastest. However, you go on a bike forum and ask that same question and a huge majority will tell you NOT to jump on a SS bike for your first bike. I know on Sportbikes.net they give those who try that a lot of grief and that is a pretty big site that has been around for years.

Last edited by Woodrow; 06-25-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:23 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

If you outgrew either one of those bikes I would laugh at you. The only way you will outgrow either and yes even the 500 is that you spend every weekend at the track and start to sleep in a truck to pay for tires.

Anyone who tells you that you will out grow the bike either 1. thinks the bike is childish looking at not as stylish as a more powerful bike or 2. Believes they need to brag about what they own, and that having the fastest and most power is the most important factor to owning a bike.

I ride a 500 and even that bike put my own my ass while I was out racing around thinking I was the shit and then bam. I don't even remember hitting the ground I just start remembering the point from where I was sliding on my side and my bike was showering sparks sliding on a pavement. If I had been on anything bigger when I started I would have killed myself because of my mentality then. I have had a 500 for almost 4 years now and the reason I have not upgraded is because I have no reason too. The bike can still outride what I can dish it.

Quick Reply: My first bike