Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

My Fighter

Old 05-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Fighterer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abysalone will become famous soon enough
Default My Fighter

This is a 95 zx6r that I bought 4 years ago. It was stolen about 2 months after I bought it. About a month ago, the Franklin Police told me to come pick it up. What a nice feeling. It looked like it had been outside for a while, and spent the remaining 6 months in storage at a body shop. Someone took it there to get worked on and they never returned. The shop tried a mechanics lien, but it came up as stolen so now I have it back. Not much was different at all, but someone screwed with the carbs and dropped some needles and springs. Got out the spare set I still had, rebuilt them and it fired right up.

I also have a 99 Dynaglide and just a week after I got the crotchrocket back, I hit a fookin deer. Didnt go down, but it was a hell of a hit and tore up quite a bit. Now I have two bikes that are down, and while waiting on insurance I found customfighters.com and the rest is in the pics.

My total cost so far is right around $600 and that includes gauges, lights, mirrors, paint, grips, cables, gaskets, and a new set of tires. Build time is at the end of 3 weeks.

(pics will be added as I upload them.)

When I first bought it.

After I got it back with all panels removed.

The tear down.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Fighterer

Default Re: My Fighter

Here is a link to photobucket with the rest of the pics. Tried resizing to fit the screen but they still turned out too damn big. Going outside to work on it some more.

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc234/Abysalone/

Old 05-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

what was the dog looking at?
Snake
Old 05-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Fighterer

Its a lizard. A Uromastyx. It was funny too because I hear this growling and figure she's dreaming. Turn around and her hair is standing up and she starts barking at it. First time she ever cared about it in a year.

Have the belly pan attached now and some more pics later. Also updated photobucket.

most recent shot

Last edited by Abysalone; 05-26-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:19 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Heh heh...nice build! It sucks your ride got stolen, then wrecked. Hopefully you will have better luck as a fighter. I used to have a bunch of parts for those years, but most are gone. Might have an upper bracket and some switch gear, but I think that is it.

And yeah...customfighters.com sucks. Or at least they sucked me in as well!! Actually my problems is a guy names Skr00zeloose...and his Frankenzuki fighter. Then I saw the BladeRod (www.bladerod.com) and I was hooked!

Last edited by zx636skiv; 05-27-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Fighterer

Thanks man. The Frankenzukifighter was a big influence.

Luckily it wasn't wrecked, I had already took off the fairings in that pic. I had a ton of parts too, but got rid of most of them since I never expected to use them. Gave away a mint set of green rims, swingarm, shocks, brakes, etc. and I still have tons of spares.

All thats left to do now is cut the front fender and finish the bodywork and paint. Then all the usual checks and finishing touches.

Painted the calipers, levers and any remaining items tonight, got the carbs on and tidied a few things up. A new set of Diablo's coming tomorrow and I should be riding this weekend or next. Been too long already.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Fighterer

Old 05-29-2008, 05:07 AM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

sweet
Old 05-29-2008, 06:27 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

damn, that's twice in one week i've read threads where people say something i built was an influence. i'm honored.

glad you got your bike back, even years later. i actually had frankenzuki stolen from me once, i managed to get it back a few months later (was sitting in a parking lot with a broken throttle cable) and had to alot of rebuilding too.

customfighters.com is the shit. lots of kick ass people and sick ass bikes. looking forward to seeing where your fighter transformation goes. i may ride a chopper now (cuz i have no self control on a sportbike, lol), but 'fighters are what i love most.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Fighterer

Yeah, your bike kicked much ass. Even tried my hardest to get my friend to buy the 1200Bandit you did. Ever find out who stole it, and what was the damage?

I have a Harley too, so now I can cruise or shred. nice to have two choices. After two accidents, the Harley is paid for lol. Got hit by a drunk driver and that paid off 7k, then hit a deer and paid the rest off. Thank god I didnt go down when I hit the deer. Not too much to fix, just doing it.

Customfighters is my new home.

Got most everything back together tonight, just need to paint the bodywork and get the tires mounted and balanced. Any good places? What about you Skr00z?

Quick Reply: My Fighter