Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

MSF Full now what to do??

Old 05-03-2007, 05:41 AM
beautiful struggle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quentin has disabled reputation
Default MSF Full now what to do??

Well thanks to Alexandria's suspect online registration I watched the classes for summer get full up b4 my eyes. Which pisses me off, I called the people and they weren't much help. I might be able to get a late summer class but sh*t i'm trying to ride by end of May. Anyone have any idea, should I ride the hell out of my friends dirtbike then try to take the DMV test and worry about MSF later?? I might be able to take a MSF class in Alberta which is like the country part of VA I dont believe they have much of a wait going on down there, but that is 2.5 hrs away. I also heard Harley Dealerships offer classes, but only by word of mouth haven't found any good info on that. Anyone know about that or anything else???
Old 05-03-2007, 05:49 AM
Registered Member

Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo
Default Re: MSF Full now what to do??

Originally Posted by Quentin
Well thanks to Alexandria's suspect online registration I watched the classes for summer get full up b4 my eyes. Which pisses me off, I called the people and they weren't much help. I might be able to get a late summer class but sh*t i'm trying to ride by end of May. Anyone have any idea, should I ride the hell out of my friends dirtbike then try to take the DMV test and worry about MSF later?? I might be able to take a MSF class in Alberta which is like the country part of VA I dont believe they have much of a wait going on down there, but that is 2.5 hrs away. I also heard Harley Dealerships offer classes, but only by word of mouth haven't found any good info on that. Anyone know about that or anything else???
I took my MSF course at Germanna Comm College's Locust Grove Campus. The classes were filled up pretty much 6 months in advance, so I just called them every thursday to see if there were any cancellations since the class was a Fri-Sun deal. By the 3rd week, I was able to get into the class. Also, when I got there, there were like 5 people that paid for the class, but never showed up. The teachers said that another way to get into a "full" class is to just show up on Friday night for the classroom part of it, and if there are any 'no shows', you can pay and take their spot.

I've also heard of private party MSF courses not run through the Community Colleges. If I find any sites, I'll let you know.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by s14kaibigan
I took my MSF course at Germanna Comm College's Locust Grove Campus. The classes were filled up pretty much 6 months in advance, so I just called them every thursday to see if there were any cancellations since the class was a Fri-Sun deal. By the 3rd week, I was able to get into the class. Also, when I got there, there were like 5 people that paid for the class, but never showed up. The teachers said that another way to get into a "full" class is to just show up on Friday night for the classroom part of it, and if there are any 'no shows', you can pay and take their spot.

I've also heard of private party MSF courses not run through the Community Colleges. If I find any sites, I'll let you know.
Definitely the best way to go is try walking in to a class. If there are no-shows, you can pay the fee for the course and take their spot. I took the MSF over Memorial Day weekend and my class had 6 no-shows probably because of a holiday weekend. Give it a shot and good luck.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:45 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Just go to DMV and take the test man. U can always take the MSF later. It took me about a year after I got my first streetbike and motorcycle license to get into an MSF course because theyre scheduling was so odd. You'll do fine.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:44 AM
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

^^^But I dont know how to ride, thats the prob. My friend has a dirtbike and I know the controls are pratically the same. So I figured I could pratice on that for like a week or so then go there and take it. But you need a bike to take it and my friend has a 03' gixxer 600 which I would not feel comfortable on.

And to clarify summer registration didnt start till May 3, today. I was on the internet early this morning but the system refused to let me register. So I just wacth b4 my eyes all the classes full up. And I had a 9am class this morning so I couldnt talk to the people on the phone that long, but they wernt much help anyways. Now they are booked through mid July.

edit - wait I could take my 500 there, I'm tripping.

Last edited by Quentin; 05-03-2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:47 AM
The Douche is here

oodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these partsoodie is infamous around these parts

With the MSF coruse you have to call early to get in and i mean really early. I've had my licencse for a year now and i am just going to take the MSF this weekend. Just get so riding time practicing with a friend and then go to the DMV get your permit its pretty easy if your have time on the bike then when MSF is open take it a friend of mine said he was going to call to take the class with me this weekend. I told him good luck i called in febuary and just getting in now.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo Jongo

http://www.apexcycleeducation.com/sh...categories.asp
^$350, but it looks like there is room later on this month.

http://www.saddleupva.com/
^$250, completing this will not waive the riding test at DMV

If I were you, I'd just camp the NoVA or Germanna classes til you get one that has a cancellation. It cheaper - $90, and it waives the DMV riding test for your class M.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Call the closest NoVa campus to you every week and ask for any openings because people drop out of the class all the time. Also, first week of december, they have open registration for MSF for the following year.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

Does MSF here in Vabch waive the riding test? lol...there's a class that just passed at TCC. Maybe I'll catch the next one.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Mini Trucker.

Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower Need 2 B Lower

This is where I took mine. I had to go to Richmond to do it, so me and my buddies got a hotel for two nights so we didnt have to make the drive everyday. I was able to get in the week I started looking. Obviously there a little more full now considering the season, but it looks like there are alot open, and they offer very flexible schedules.

http://www.mscv.org/enroll/

Quick Reply: MSF Full now what to do??