Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Motorcycle Law group, ever heard of them?

Old 04-22-2007, 08:10 PM
yard man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
professorman has disabled reputation
Thumbs up Motorcycle Law group, ever heard of them?

So, I got a letter in the mail, and for a first, it was written "Advertising material" on the envelop. I was so impressed with them telling me that it is advertising matterial that I had to open it. lol.

Inside, there was a pamplet from The Motorcycle Law group, in which it tells about their work and how they influence the motorcycle laws that get passed in Virginia. The team says that they lobby for more motorcycle friendly laws, and they have a list of things that got passed in which they had an influence.
Anyone ever heard of them? The Motorcycle Law Group of Tom McGrath. Are they any good? Dont need a lawyer now, but they are riders too so

www.virginiamotorcycle.com
Old 04-23-2007, 01:52 AM

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Motorcycle Law group, ever heard of them?

I have heard of him...get his junk mail all the time! They even sent me a couple refrigerator magnets before...

As far as how good a lawyer he is, couldn't tell you.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:57 AM
yard man

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
They even sent me a couple refrigerator magnets before...
Yea, I got a pretty cool looking refrigerator magnet as well.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

From what I understand they are a pretty weird group that go into public meetings in a large group dressed up for halloween like the typical harley riders and basically demand that we have no helmet law. I'm sure they've done some great stuff for motorcycle riders in Virginia, but I hear they tend to make a scene at the meetings and spend almost all of their attention on trying to abolish the helmet law.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:14 AM
yard man

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
From what I understand they are a pretty weird group that go into public meetings in a large group dressed up for halloween like the typical harley riders and basically demand that we have no helmet law. I'm sure they've done some great stuff for motorcycle riders in Virginia, but I hear they tend to make a scene at the meetings and spend almost all of their attention on trying to abolish the helmet law.

woaaa....Thats not cool..... The helmet law protects my head and my fellow riders who I get to wave to knowing they'd at least have a chance to survive if the unthinkable were to happen..
Old 04-23-2007, 07:50 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I would actually like to see the helmet law abolished, personally. The way I see it is that they could abolish the law, and give you a nice discount if you still wear a lid. I've heard a few states do that.

I would still wear a helmet even if it wasn't required. I'd love to get a discount for something I'm already doing.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:50 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

...oh, and I got a mailing with magnets and stickers from them the other day too. How weird is that? Who is selling our information? lol
Old 04-23-2007, 07:54 AM
yard man

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I would actually like to see the helmet law abolished, personally. The way I see it is that they could abolish the law, and give you a nice discount if you still wear a lid. I've heard a few states do that.

I would still wear a helmet even if it wasn't required. I'd love to get a discount for something I'm already doing.
Yea, but insurance would probably go WAY up anyway, so the discount might bring it back down a lil bit. The insurance companies would have to pay out more money, resulting in increased premiums.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:01 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by profroopchan
Yea, but insurance would probably go WAY up anyway, so the discount might bring it back down a lil bit. The insurance companies would have to pay out more money, resulting in increased premiums.
It's not the insurance company that determines what they can charge.

I worked for Allstate Insurance for 3 years and somewhere in the middle they tried to abolish the helmet law... of course Allstate required all of their employees to vote "NO!!!!!!!" for it. Think about how many employees insurance companies have, and how big of an impact that makes just for the employees to vote against it.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:09 AM
yard man

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
It's not the insurance company that determines what they can charge.
who determines what they can charge then?

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Law group, ever heard of them?