Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Mirrors a must?

Old 05-04-2006, 01:32 PM
In need of traction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SR PWRD has disabled reputation
Default Mirrors a must?

Do you have to have mirrors to pass inspection? I was thinking off blockin off the mirrors and wiring my running lights to turnsignals and putting brighter bulbs in em.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:48 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Mirrors a must?

Have to at least have a bar end mirror IIRC.. but those are easy to put on and take off.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep and I believe it has to be on the left.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:28 PM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

all thats required is that you have atleast one Mirror... AFAIK.. just got mine inspected monday and it passed with just a right mirror.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:57 PM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

yup, mirrors are required in VA, i got a ticket the other day for having no mirrors

edit: just saw MKNTRAXX's post, I didn't have any mirrors at the time, so you might only need one
Old 05-04-2006, 06:10 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Stea1thy
yup, mirrors are required in VA, i got a ticket the other day for having no mirrors

edit: just saw MKNTRAXX's post, I didn't have any mirrors at the time, so you might only need one

you can get what are called "pigspotter" mirrors which are nearly flush mount but legal from my understanding.

personally, I don't see any reason to get rid of my mirrors. It looks better without them, but I use them as much as I can.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:39 PM
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
you can get what are called "pigspotter" mirrors which are nearly flush mount but legal from my understanding.

personally, I don't see any reason to get rid of my mirrors. It looks better without them, but I use them as much as I can.
ya, i got a reckless ticket when i had them off, cuz i couldnt see behind me, i took a quick glance but didnt see cops, checked a mile down the rd turned around...flashing lights right on my tail, but definitely function over fashion in this case, i will always have mirrors from now on....good big ones
Old 05-05-2006, 05:12 AM
In need of traction

SR PWRD has disabled reputation

Damn, oh well. Thanx anyway.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Registered Member

DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all

It'd be cool if someone came out with a kit where a camera is mounted on the tail section with a weatherproof screen for you to look at.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:25 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

Originally Posted by DC97Cobra
It'd be cool if someone came out with a kit where a camera is mounted on the tail section with a weatherproof screen for you to look at.
I have seen it done, at a X-5 show in Guam. Of course it was custom but it was bad ass

Quick Reply: Mirrors a must?