Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Mini bikes: HELP!!!!

Old 12-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer
Default Mini bikes: HELP!!!!

i am pretty sure this is the forum to post in...well i have a question that probably have been asked before but....i am looking into getting a pocket bike but was wondering on the legal status of having one in virginia. any laws? legal or not? just wanting to buy one to ride around my neighborhood or so and parking lots. didnt want to get one if they are going to be confiscated. the one i want is the one off of minipocketrockets.com the X7 Bullet model. they said on there bout being 50 state legal with EPA Exemption. but i want to know wat about on a local level in VA. any cops on here with answers would greatly be appreciated. thanks in advance for all the help....Lam

Last edited by vietballer; 12-29-2007 at 11:58 PM. Reason: EDIT TITLE
Old 12-30-2007, 03:11 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: Mini bikes: HELP!!!!

there indeed was a thread about this a litle while ago. pretty sure if you PM chappe he can give ou the run down
Old 12-30-2007, 06:47 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Anything 49cc or smaller can be legally ridden without a liscence on any non major highway with a speed limit of less than 35mph. Look up the laws on mopeds under 50cc and go by those laws.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:23 AM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

^ What he said, along with you legally are supposed to where a helmet when riding one, I've honestly seen people pulled over for not wearing one and riding a pocket bike.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:57 AM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

except in norfolk. you don't need a helmet there.

there's horsepower restrictions too, but it's not like cops have any way of checking it.

the law just says you have to be ELLIGIBLE for a lisence to ride anything like that. meaning you have to be at least 16 years old (or whatever the age is now a days), and if your lisence is suspended. you still can't ride a scooter/moped/pocketbike (ask me how i know, lol)
Old 12-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Registered member

vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer vietballer

lol...thanks for everyones help..i think i ill be purchasing one then....just for fun and giggles...
Old 12-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Show-lo car

nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2

just dont go think you can hang out with the bigger boys on two wheels at the gas station @oceanfront and go cruising with them down the strip. even with full gear/ helmet... the cops will stop you :P

"gee....
you ask.

YES i did it :lol: i cruised along with 4 'normal' crotch rockets on my 47cc Blata putting along with the traffic at like 15mph. Got about to 19th? street before a cop walked over and said i couldnt ride it there.

"I cant ride it on the street?"

-NO

"so its okay if im on the sidewalk then?"

-NO

I asked where i could ride it and they said do ride it 5 blocks off the oceanfront, and even then i am risking getting stopped by another cop :P i had to carry it back to the car. -.-

haters
Old 12-30-2007, 02:17 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

oh yeah, the VB oceanfront has a no scooter/moped/etc policy. back in the day there used to be a moped rental place on pacific. well, they used to get big groups of hooligans that would rent them and raise hell all over the strip (i was never involved, i swear, lol) so now you can't ride them on atlantic ave.

just beware. alot of cops don't really know the laws, but rather than look it up, they kind of make things up as they go. i used to keep copies of the laws in a ziplock bag under the seat of my old 50. got me out of alot of tickets b/c i could prove that i wasn't doing anything illegal (usually).
Old 12-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered member

lol...funny story...nah i dont plan on cruising with the big boys....just round the neighborhood or so. hey skr00zloose...where did you get the laws from is there a link you can hook me up with so i can do the same? thanks bro...
Old 12-31-2007, 04:36 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

google is your friend

Quick Reply: Mini bikes: HELP!!!!