Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Looking at buying my 1st bike

Old 03-30-2011, 06:56 PM
HM-8404

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud of
Default Re: Looking at buying my 1st bike

Originally Posted by dyoungin'
Don't see the point in buying a brand new bike, thats not a litre bike. Because you are suffer from one of these:

a)going to drop it in your own driveway/stop sign/stoplight/parking it etc
b)going to be reckless on it and get hurt
c)going to get bored on it fast, because it is a detuned version of an R6
d)going to depreciate the shit out of it as soon as you drive off the lot
e)discover that you really didn't want a standard seating position or an inline-4

My advice, like others have already told your ass, get a Ninja 250 and learn. If you think your so awesome and your pockets are real deep breh, get a used SV650 (under 4k) and learn on it. Plenty fast, torquey, nimble, and gets great mileage. Because if you use your settlement money to get a brand spankin' new bike and drop it and fuck it up, I will point and laugh at you.

This is all IMO.
Then you do that. You obviously assume too much. This is all IMO.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:02 PM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar

i just bought my first bike... brand new gs500f
they're inexpensive (paid less than $3k for mine), cheap to insure, and from everything i've read, they're very forgiving for beginners. of course, the weather has been shit so i haven't been able to ride mine yet.

definitely take the MSF class and make your decisions from there.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Chica Pah, Chica Pah

coyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.learn2ride.com/
Old 03-30-2011, 07:08 PM
HM-8404

HMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by coyote.v5.0
Awesome, thanks
Old 03-30-2011, 08:06 PM
PUSSIES GIVE RED :)

Evoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these partsEvoluvin is infamous around these parts

Buy my bike.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:09 PM
HM-8404

Originally Posted by Evoluvin
Buy my bike.
Definately a sweet bike, but a little too far for me
Old 04-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I strongly recommend getting a cheaper used bike like a Ninja 500/650, or SV650. Do not buy a brand new 7-8,000 bike because chances are you will drop it quite a few times. Get a used bike and learn how to ride it. Once you have ridden a season or two, then upgrade. It is known that a rider changes bikes roughly every 3 years. This is your first bike, not your last.

Remember the MSF is a good course, but when you are done, you are now good enough to ride in a parking lot at 20mph. Continue to learn. There are a lot of good books and other classes out in regards to motorcycling. Being a good rider requires lots of experience and seat time.

Budget about $1000 for gear. A helmet is not gear. When you are sliding across the pavement, you will thank yourself.

Welcome to the addiction.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:59 PM
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

I have an 03 CBR600rr with 7848 miles only asking $4000. Its a very comfortable sport bike. Pretty decent bike to learn on.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:32 PM
VR6 > VTEC

Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls

I bought a used R6 in minty condition as my first bike. I disagree with a lot of people when they say that you should get a cheap bike because you WILL drop it. I've been on my R6 for just over 2 months, and my dads GSF500 for over a year and I've been exceptionally cautious and respectful to the machine and I have yet to drop it. Knock on wood. I'm 20. I'm careful and smart when I ride. Buy a bike that YOU will feel comfortable on. For me, I couldn't buy a 250 because I know the next morning after I bought it it would be forsale because its so bland.

Take the MSF course; it will do you a world of good as a new rider. Good luck!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Dymanznprls
I bought a used R6 in minty condition as my first bike. I disagree with a lot of people when they say that you should get a cheap bike because you WILL drop it. I've been on my R6 for just over 2 months, and my dads GSF500 for over a year and I've been exceptionally cautious and respectful to the machine and I have yet to drop it. Knock on wood. I'm 20. I'm careful and smart when I ride. Buy a bike that YOU will feel comfortable on. For me, I couldn't buy a 250 because I know the next morning after I bought it it would be forsale because its so bland.

Take the MSF course; it will do you a world of good as a new rider. Good luck!
That is a good piece of info I highlighted. So you have 14 months of riding experience. That is different. I have never personally dropped any of my bikes, but I have seen numerous people do.

Oh now that you said that I expect a "motherFer I dropped my bike" thread this week

Quick Reply: Looking at buying my 1st bike