Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Kill switch for drag racing?

Old 05-24-2006, 04:53 AM
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Kill switch for drag racing?

Well, a couple guys are going down to VMP friday night, and i wanted to run my bike again. on my second run i did 11.20 @ 125 mph and they told me i couldnt run my bike anymore without full leathers and a kill switch attached to me since i was trapping over 120mph. i did some looking around on ebay and some online shops, but i cant find any. im NOT going to put a screw through my stock switch. ive seen some guys at the strip with ones that have a plug in the strap. anyone know where to get these? how much are they? are they plug in or do i have to cut wires?

or am i better off just going to richmond? ive heard they are slack, but some guys at work said they arent running bikes anymore?
Old 05-24-2006, 05:19 AM

DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA
Default Re: Kill switch for drag racing?

you are better off going to richmond.......they told me the same thing at vmp.....they suck, i go to richmond on fridays every now and then and they dont give a shit....... the never even mention it at all, and yes they run bikes on fridays i know for sure.. i was there liek a week ago
Old 05-24-2006, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i've been going up there for the past two months, seen a bike like the one in your picture up there a couple times, didn't realize it was you... i'll be there this friday too, and i agree much better than dinwiddie as far as getting to run more and the staff being nicer and more lenient

i just bought a kill switch from schnitzracing.com and mounted it on my bar, then ran the wires down into the abyss behind the upper fairing so it looks like they connect to something but they don't, no one has ever tested it to see if it works, they just say "kill switch?" and i show them... we've got some at work, i would think any decent bike shop should have some cheap simple kill switches

richmond runs bikes every other friday, this friday being one of them
Old 05-24-2006, 07:44 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

does richmond require them? anything else they require? leathers, boots, gloves? ect...

i didnt even think about just running the wires down there and not connecting them.. thats actually a pretty good idea. for what im looking for. i dont want to cut any wires on my bike.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

same here, not unless i have to... richmond has never asked me for a kill switch, i've run my 1000 in jeans and casual boots several times with no problem, i'm not the fastest guy but always in the 10's and over 130mph so if i don't need it i can't imagine anyone else would either, couple guys went there with no chain guards no problem... as far as i can tell there is no bike requirement at all, i ran with no exhaust and they didn't care, as far as i can tell you just need a jacket, helmet, and gloves, i don't even know if they need to be leather but at the minimum i'd probably try and come with leather jacket and gloves but thats all i think you need
Old 05-24-2006, 09:35 AM
ASE Master

I might go out there this friday then. when do they open?
Old 05-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all

look for a kill switch that are used on wave runners and jet ski's. Dunno what wiring modification you would have to do. Should be pretty simple to install though.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
and i agree much better than dinwiddie as far as getting to run more
If you're in a car. VMP is much more bike friendly and you get twice as many runs. I go to Richmond purely for convienence.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

really? usually when i went to dinwiddie in the past everyone would be cussing out the workers because they'd watch the same cars get 2 passes for every one bike pass... average dinwiddie night i'd say i get 4 passes, i'm averaging about 6 at richmond

Originally Posted by onepointone
I might go out there this friday then. when do they open?
at 5, don't know if thats gates open at 5 or racing starts at 5 though
Old 05-24-2006, 12:08 PM

DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA DC4INTEGRA

gates open at 5 and racing starts at 6

Quick Reply: Kill switch for drag racing?