Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

just got my bike permit

Old 05-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TrePound has disabled reputation
Default just got my bike permit

whats up yall. My name is bryen im new to the forums(well not really been lurking around here for a long time,then decided to join). i just thought id let yall know that i got my permit today. prolly go out tomorrow and sit on couple bikes to see which one i want, hopefully might be able to get one. im mainly lookin at the gsxr 750 or the 600rr. i really like the look of the gsxr and what not so hopefully when i go sit on one i feel comfy, if not then i guess i'll try the 600rr then the r6. i was lookin at the gsxr 600, but i know im gonna want to mod it out later on, i did some searchin on these forums and saw that the aftermarket for the 600 isnt as good as the 750- thats why i narrowed it down between the 600rr and the gsxr750.
i figured id share my good news wit all yall, hopefully in a month( i got to hold my permit for 30days) or so i'll be riding with some of yall. i wanted to take that coarse at tncc, but i hear its full till god knows when.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:24 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum
Default Re: just got my bike permit

stay with something 600 or below... i catch crap for my first bike being an R6...

either way, get what you like and respect it.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:16 AM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

Or go for used if you have no experince. I am going back to NC to retake the safety course. they are not as packed as TNCC
Old 05-09-2006, 05:50 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

if your comfortable on a 750, go for it. if you respect the bike, and your carefull it'll be fine. it's like anything else. yeah, 600's are a lil more forgiving, but any of the newer 600's will put you on your ass as quick as a 750 if you don't respect the bike, and learn how to use it properly.

hell, since ama quit running the 750's, and put more emphasis on the 600 classes, most of ther new 600's are coming really close to making 750 power anyway. ever notice that honda, kawasaki, and yamaha don't have a middleweight sportbike (i mean "full-on" sportbike)? the gixxer is the lone 750 out there now from the big four. the only reason suzuki even updates the 750 is because teh 600 and 1000 are getting updated, they don't really put the effort into the middlewieght, because there's really no class to race them in competitively now. you know what they say, win on sunday, sell on monday....

sorry.. just rambling....
Old 05-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Night Train

dwn4whadever has disabled reputation

If this is your first bike i would say go with soething more forgiven. Start on something you feel comfrontable with. And if you get a 750 IMO i dont think you should be doing mods on it atleast for a season or two. But to each there own. Remember this is your first bike. Not your last.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

TrePound has disabled reputation

yea this would be my first bike. the only reason i was lookin at those two bikes was because that what everybody seems to be startin out with. talked to a bunch of people about it, they told me to look at 600rr or the gsxr 600-750. Ive herd that if you get anything less than that you'll get bored of it after you figured out how to ride it- which they said: if i get a bike now, it should take atleast the whole summer to feel completly comfortable riding it. All the threads i see on here about -my first bike or what is a good first bike to start with.... ect.- always seem to be between the cbr and the gsxr. Oh yea as far as mods that wont be happenin anytime soon, i just said that because what ever bike i get i plan on keepin it for awhile or atleast long enough to do some mods.
what other suggestions do yall have for a first bike- its gotta be full fairing and kinda up to date, with some style.
(i know there are a million other threads out there about this trust me ive searched and searched, but all the bikes some people suggested were *half fairing* bikes, and bikes with no style to them or out dated bikes.)
Old 05-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Night Train

dwn4whadever has disabled reputation

I picked up a GS500 used in feb. I still have lots of stuff to learn on this bike. I ride with some friends that have 6s, and in the str8s yes they kinda walk away from me but in Twisties i pullem back in. So yes if you wanna Jet down the street in a str8 line a smaller bike is not for you. But i have had couple of situations where i know if i would have had a more hot blooded bike i would have been toast. I was not being a "SQUID" but just a new rider, not much throttle control. But like a said its your first, not your last. I got my bike for 1500 bucks. If you dropped your 06 600ss Fairings and maybe damage to shifter and stuff might be pretty pricey.

But what every you get Kid Be safe. And wear that gear.