Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Im gonna find that Video!

Old 08-25-2004, 03:49 AM
In the Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Way2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these partsWay2Slo is infamous around these parts
Default Im gonna find that Video!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Midwest/0....ap/index.html
Old 08-25-2004, 04:52 AM
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation
Default Re: Im gonna find that Video!

idiots that give bikers a bad name
Old 08-25-2004, 04:55 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Sure did, but at the same time, 8 people in a SUV and only 3 were wearing belts!?!? People just dont wear belts these days. And im not sure how a bike cuts someone off, they have the acceleration to get in front of a car and just go. They said the accident was caused by the bikes cutting off one car and making that car hit another, and then they wanna turn around and say "hey, we saw them stunting too."

I wont completely defend the motorcyclists, but i also believe it wasnt entirely their faults either.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:15 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

the urban legends about bikes are hilarious, and the lady said they were doing "80 mph", i bet it was in a 65 or 70 mph zone too... my friend was in an accident once, not his fault, and the lady saw the whole thing and told the cop he was doing about 90 mph on broad street past her, he measured the skid marks and it was about 35 mph, just the fact that he was on a bike nearly tripled his speed in her eyes, its ridiculous how prejudice people are towards motorcyclists... but at the same time it could very well have been the biker's fault in the accident, when i'm in my car i see plenty of people riding bikes acting like complete idiots giving me and others bad names
Old 08-25-2004, 05:32 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

With the tons of new squids on the roads riding irresponsible in t-shirts, shorts and loafers, it's impossible not to get profiled. If you are in a 2 ton suv, why would you insanely swerve when a 350lb bike comes close to you? Why not just stay in your lane? It's not like it was a 18 wheeler rig cutting you off? I guess if you are stupid enough to not wear a seatbelt then you are too stupid to comprehend the size difference.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

i highly doubt that the bikes even came remotely close to the explorer. if anything i think the driver was startled by serveral bikes passing at speed or even too busy staring at someone doing a wheelie and then hit the suburban. as for the people hurt in the suburban, im gonna go out on a limb and guess the 5 seriously injured were the ones NOT wearing seatbelts and ejected from the vehicle. Ive been on the highway when bikes bum-rush my dads explorer. i just maintain my course of travel they hit me, they are going down, and they are probably counting on me holding my position when they pass so meh, im not defending the bikers IF they caused the accident, but sounds more like the cat in the explorer fucked up and made an excuse outta the 'insane bikers'
Old 08-25-2004, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kalokohan
With the tons of new squids on the roads riding irresponsible in t-shirts, shorts and loafers, it's impossible not to get profiled. If you are in a 2 ton suv, why would you insanely swerve when a 350lb bike comes close to you? Why not just stay in your lane? It's not like it was a 18 wheeler rig cutting you off? I guess if you are stupid enough to not wear a seatbelt then you are too stupid to comprehend the size difference.
it's a natural reaction to either swirve or brake inorder to avoid an accident.
hypothetical situation:
what would you do if a pedastrian(150#) runs/walks (say 50 ft)in front of your car(3000#) as you are driving down the road?
@25 mph?
@35 mph?
@45 mph?
@55 mph?
@65 mph?

Sure did, but at the same time, 8 people in a SUV and only 3 were wearing belts!?!? People just dont wear belts these days. And im not sure how a bike cuts someone off, they have the acceleration to get in front of a car and just go. They said the accident was caused by the bikes cutting off one car and making that car hit another, and then they wanna turn around and say "hey, we saw them stunting too."

I wont completely defend the motorcyclists, but i also believe it wasnt entirely their faults either.
i've seen where dumbass motorcyclist just cut off people before. i don't understand them, collision wise bike will lose to a car.
a few weeks ago saw 2 squids on 2 600cc bikes just cut off two different cars coming out of a wendy's parking lot over at the beach. both of them had passengers in the back.
I notice them because one of the bikes had no right turn signals because it was damage from a prior crash. both bikes had been down before (looks like a small lowside). all 4 of them were wearing helmets, tees, shorts, for protection .

there were atleast 8 witnesses the cops have to interview.
anyway, don't speculate on who is at fault here because none of us were there and none of us have any facts other than what is written on that article.

we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

I guess you have a point, none of us were there.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:09 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Alwayslast
it's a natural reaction to either swirve or brake inorder to avoid an accident.
hypothetical situation:
what would you do if a pedastrian(150#) runs/walks (say 50 ft)in front of your car(3000#) as you are driving down the road?
@25 mph?
@35 mph?
@45 mph?
@55 mph?
@65 mph?

Apples and oranges buddy. We're talking about vehicles against vehicles not person vs. suv. These are all machines being controlled and going the same pace on the road. Of course if a psycho pedestrian jumped in front of my suv, I would react to swerve but a motorcycle riding next to me going the same speed and starting to inch in my way, I might give him some room but I will not start smashing into the other cars on the road.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

but like he said we weren't there... the article didn't indicate that they were inching towards them, but that they had cut the car off

but i think the comparison he was trying to make was this, someone said why would a suv swerve for a bike when its the bike that would be in more danger, he was saying you instinctively would swerve out of the way of a person even though they wouldn't really be a threat to your car, so a suv swerving for a bike is no different

its true that alot of non bikers are unfairly biased towards all sport bikes, and its also true that alot of bikers are complete idiots that have no business in a car much less a motorcycle, and even less one that can achieve the speeds of a modern day sport bike, so i think one could fairly argue both sides but unless we were there its all just speculation