Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

i am f'n blown!

Old 11-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i am f'n blown!

i took my bike in saturday cause when i called that morning he said they would be able to do it then. well, by time i got there he said it would be a couple days. just went in for 14000 mile service and check this stutter problem. here i am on wednesday and i called since i hadn't heard anything. he said he was waiting to hear from me. i left two numbers to contact me. he hasn't even touched my bike yet. the counter person quoted me 210 for the service, but the mechanic says it will be a minimum of 310 and maybe another couple hours and parts if he needs to do some work with the valve clearance. so, basically i'm gonna end up getting f'd like everybody when they go to a shop. this is ridiculous! and after all that he says, "there's only a few bikes in front of yours!" you gotta be kidding me. i'm mad. sorry...had to vent
Old 11-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Del
image*in tomorrow

Del Del Del Del
Default Re: i am f'n blown!

damn dude! where did you take it? It sounds like coleman’s... lol
Old 11-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Del
damn dude! where did you take it? It sounds like coleman’s... lol
yeah, it does sound like colemans but not. i took it to suzuki in manasshole!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

nothing worse than a bad shop that sucks... what exactly are they including in the 14,000 mile service? heres what we would include and what we would charge to give you an idea

oil change-
filter 11.95
oil 11.95
labor 30.00

check valves-
no parts involved the gasket is reusable
when i turned 15k on my 1000 recently i asked our regional service rep about my valve clearance, he said out of all the bikes from dealerships he oversees(we are talking tens of thousands of bikes) maybe a very small handful ever had a valve out of spec and you can almost gaurentee they were out of adjustment from the day they were built... i checked them anyways and every single one was perfect, and this is with 15k very hard miles, 4 track days, 50 or so runs down the drag strip, lots of time spent on the rev-limiter and above 170mph... recently checked a gixxer with 50k on it, every valve was perfectly in spec... we tell people this and say if you want us to check it for peace of mind we'll certainly do it but otherwise we recommend you keep your money, i would tell them to not check them... but if they do and they find they are off then.......
labor 60$

valve adjustment-
no parts involved, shims cost .05 and should be free
labor 60$

inspect and replace air filter if needed-
filter $28.95
labor $0 if they are checking the valves they are removing the air filter anyways

change spark plugs-
$20.76
labor $0 again if they are checking your valves they are already in there anyways

clean/lube/tighten chain-
labor $30

that comes out to 193.61, even if you throw in another hour's labor for no reason thats still only 250... get a reciept of parts and labor break down and let me know what you ended up paying for, sounds like they are trying to bend you over
Old 11-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

he said the 14000 is an automatic 3 hours = 210 (70/hr) which includes oil and filter change, air filter change, plug change minus parts. an extra 1 1/2hr to check valve clearance and probably another 1 1/2hr if he has to adjust the valves with shims at .50 each. so...i'm hearing 315 and maybe another possible 105 labor plus all parts! again...this is a f'n suzuk dealership! i don't understand why there are people like this. all they're worried about is money and not trying to help someone. on top of that...i told him to try and fix the stutter so who knows what else they'll add on.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

if they haven't touched it yet just go pick it up and cancel the deal, that is assuming u have somewhere else to take it
Old 11-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by The_rabbit1
if they haven't touched it yet just go pick it up and cancel the deal, that is assuming u have somewhere else to take it
yeah, and who's the say the next guy doesn't do the same. hate this crap
Old 11-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

so they are talking 310+ and haven't even adressed the issue you brought it in for?
Old 11-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
so they are talking 310+ and haven't even adressed the issue you brought it in for?
right
Old 11-12-2004, 08:41 AM
You Know What I Sell

EGlovr is an unknown quantity at this point

if you're up for a trip, i would say check out CAD cycles in gaithersburg, md

Quick Reply: i am f'n blown!