Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

How sick is this bike? (info ? too)

Old 03-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Biding time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts
Default How sick is this bike? (info ? too)

Hi bike people.

New guy at the office brought his 03 1300 GSX R to work today.
He said he has a few mods - exhaust, something that helps to eliminate the governor, etc.
Granted, I dont know jack about bikes but I know this is a fast busa
I think one of the fastest production bikes?

Anyways the point is, he is not from VA and wanted to know if there are any events and/or track days for bikes upcoming and where (not interested in 1/4).
He said he took it to a track once right after he bought it, but did terrible as he wasnt used to it yet.

Thanks for any info.
Attached Thumbnails How sick is this bike?  (info ? too)-busa.jpg  
Old 03-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6
Default Re: How sick is this bike? (info ? too)

Originally Posted by montman
Hi bike people.

New guy at the office brought his 03 1300 GSX R to work today.
He said he has a few mods - exhaust, something that helps to eliminate the governor, etc.
Granted, I dont know jack about bikes but I know this is a fast busa
I think one of the fastest production bikes?

Anyways the point is, he is not from VA and wanted to know if there are any events and/or track days for bikes upcoming and where (not interested in 1/4).
He said he took it to a track once right after he bought it, but did terrible as he wasnt used to it yet.

Thanks for any info.
Well, first off, for track related racing he really picked the wrong bike. It is the fastest production bike, but its also considered a Sport "Touring" bike hence why its so big. Im not saying he couldnt do his thing on the track, but if im not mistaken those bikes arent known for their handling capabilities. Its a big bike to sling around.

As far as getting on the track and getting track time, im sure Bret (Del La Sol) or CBR600 can tell you more about it. First you want to get with a league/group. IE NESBA, CornerSpeed. There are plenty more, and some people have certain tastes as to who to go with. If he joins an actual club (like in biker boys) the club will have select days out at the track and get discounts on tires and what not because they are a club (which means you pay dues and what not).

I would say if he really wants to get into track riding, to pick up a 600 and just learn tracks really well on that, then hop on the busa and try to hit the track.

edit: As far as where, i think most of them are at VIR.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:06 AM
Biding time

montman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these partsmontman is infamous around these parts

Thanks mr. 6, & my fault - I wasnt clear in my initial post.

He's an older guy and said he didnt buy it as a track bike, he bought it b/c it hauls ass and is fun.
I just think he wanted to take it to the track for shits and giggles a few times to see how he would do.
I just had no idea where the bike guys go and when.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:50 AM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Hey what's wrong with being an older guy????
Old 03-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

better pics should help
Old 03-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Ya, I'm an older guy too!!!!!

I'd looove to have a busa myself........and as stated earlier they are the fastest production bike out there. 9 second 1/4 mile times stock is just outrageous!!! Add an air shifter and a swingarm and you should be sub 9's!!!!!

As for the track, twistie that is...........I wouldn't even bother if I was him. Too much damn power for the turns. I've been riding for a while and have some track experience (and racing WERA this year) and I wouldn't even attempt it myself.

If he just wants to come out to Pungo and have some fun lemme know! But I'd stick to wasting V-8's on the street though..................

EDIT:
There are numerous tracks around depending on how far you wanna drive. And most will have track days more and more now that summer is soon to be upon us.

Here is the TPM (Team Promotion) track day schedule:
http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php...d=track_events

TPM is one of the best groups around (imho) for track day events.

Last edited by CBR600F4; 03-22-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Biding time

haha, Im old compared to alot of the kids on here too fellas, by older I mean he is like late 40s.

Didnt have a camera, just my phone and Im sure you guys have seen these before, right? Not much to it. Nice, though.

Appreciate the info, I will fwd him the site.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

jtegger is an unknown quantity at this point

yea you are old as hell too monte. its about time for you to buy a minivan and a goldwing and get on a nursing home list.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:04 PM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

Originally Posted by jtegger
its about time for you to buy a minivan and a goldwing and get on a nursing home list.

ahhh. that was a good laugh.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:23 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DoingOK
Hey what's wrong with being an older guy????
be quiet you old fart

Quick Reply: How sick is this bike? (info ? too)