Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Help me decide... Aprilia

Old 05-25-2008, 06:27 PM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Re: Help me decide... Aprilia

Originally Posted by JDM74
Check into the Ducati Hypermoto too if you want. Not sure if it requires the same Ducati maintenance as the rest of their bikes.
Holy mother of fuck......

Fuck the Aprilia, I have a new wet dream.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:10 AM
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

honestly dude, if you want reliability plus something that will own other bikes in the twisty you can not do better then an ex500. Sure you might get shit for it but take a few months or years to get to know the bike then challenge any of those dudes with gixxer1k's to battles of the on ramps or off ramps depending on if you like to enter faster into a turn or exit, either way you will most likely win.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:29 AM
HHIC

Originally Posted by djgrom
honestly dude, if you want reliability plus something that will own other bikes in the twisty you can not do better then an ex500. Sure you might get shit for it but take a few months or years to get to know the bike then challenge any of those dudes with gixxer1k's to battles of the on ramps or off ramps depending on if you like to enter faster into a turn or exit, either way you will most likely win.
This isn't my first bike, I've just been down a couple years due to a wrist injury. I'm 110% set on a supermoto type bike. I'm going to look really hard into the KTM I think. I would really consider the Ducati though if finances allow it.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

I beat off looking at the KTM website
Oops...
Need to keep those thoughts to myself
Old 05-26-2008, 12:40 PM
HHIC

Yeah... I'm pretty much thinking I'll be on a KTM 690 SMC sometime soon. I really like that bike. Should be fairly reliable, cheap to maintain and insure, and incredible fun to ride. I did a few low key supermoto races ~12 years ago on a modified CR250 and have been in love with the thought of having one street legal for a long time. I think the KTM is just want I want.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:39 AM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

The Aprilia SXV is an amazing bike and So is the KTM SMC, both of which ive had the pleasure of riding on the track...... Ive seen the Ducati hypermoto on the track as we have a guy that rides with our organization that has one and he seems to love it.