Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Help

Old 10-18-2004, 04:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help

bike is a 02f4i completely stock with 6k miles. been running perfect. go outside to start it up and doesn't wanna roll over. charged the battery and seemed pretty dead, but that didn't do anything. tried poppin' the clutch and nothing. looked at computer wire harness and everything is straight...unplugged it, cleaned off a little, and plugged back in but nothing. it's trying to start, definitely getting fuel, just can't figure it out...any ideas? thanks for any help
Old 10-18-2004, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help

tried jumping it off of a car's battery?(with the car NOT running)... if the battery is dead enough it won't take a charge no matter how long you leave it on one
Old 10-18-2004, 08:24 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

And trying to roll it and pop the clutch won't help with a completely dead battery either. Sounds like a dead battery to me. Take it to Advance Auto and they'll test it for free....................
Old 10-18-2004, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

appreciate it guys. thanks a lot. i'll let you know what i find out
Old 10-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Del
image*in tomorrow

Del Del Del Del

just felt like saying Yo!
Old 10-18-2004, 09:21 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

When my battery died and i tried starting the bike, all i got was *insert rasberry belly sound here* (really fast click click click, like electrical sparks or something). But if its actually trying to turn over and just wont, wouldnt that be more a choke problem then anything else? Its cold, so carbed bikes need the chokes open a little more to start (atleast thats what ive noticed with mine).
Old 10-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mr.6
When my battery died and i tried starting the bike, all i got was *insert rasberry belly sound here* (really fast click click click, like electrical sparks or something). But if its actually trying to turn over and just wont, wouldnt that be more a choke problem then anything else? Its cold, so carbed bikes need the chokes open a little more to start (atleast thats what ive noticed with mine).
fuel injected and from what i understand this bike doesn't have a choke. not mine...this is my bro's
Old 10-18-2004, 09:52 AM
Honda pimpin' Teg/F2

VAbeachTegNout is an unknown quantity at this point

F4i is fuel injected, mine (f2) is carberated, and i really dont have any problems with starting. but i just put a battery in mine so... kinda sounds like a fireing problem to me, take off one of the lower fairings and pull a plug wire, then put a paper clip into the plug slot. and keep it close to the end of the plug wire, try starting it, with good battery power. if you dont see a spark, then it may be this. iono, sounds kinda ghetto, but works for me when im working on cars.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VAbeachTegNout
F4i is fuel injected, mine (f2) is carberated, and i really dont have any problems with starting. but i just put a battery in mine so... kinda sounds like a fireing problem to me, take off one of the lower fairings and pull a plug wire, then put a paper clip into the plug slot. and keep it close to the end of the plug wire, try starting it, with good battery power. if you dont see a spark, then it may be this. iono, sounds kinda ghetto, but works for me when im working on cars.
gotcha...yeah, my gixxer is fi but has a choke. gonna check the plugs/wires if the trickle charger didn't do the trick today. we'll see. thanks
Old 10-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Del
image*in tomorrow

Del Del Del Del

hey sean, are we riding tonight?? hit up the nextel if anything comes up.