Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Helmet Laws

Old 12-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
big_sur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Helmet Laws

I'm doing a paper so what do you think? do you think we should have a helmet law? why? why not? limit it to under 18? under 21? would you wear one if there wasn't a helmet law? do you not wear one now? do you think it provides a false sense of security? does it limit your hearing\sight? would you pay more insurance or taxes to not have helmet laws? additional thoughts? thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 10:26 AM
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation
Default Re: Helmet Laws

I think all riders with an 'm' endorsement should be allowed to make their own decision. That will never happen in VA.

Last edited by Armenian; 12-05-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

lYellowDragonl has disabled reputation

forget that helmet FTW saved me 4 damn times!
Old 12-05-2006, 11:09 AM
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

You know....I think everyone should be smart enough to realize how important a helmet is to their well-being if an accident were to occur, and expecially a full face helmet. Reading up on the statistics, it seems that when an accident occurs that involves a motorcycle, the front of the face is the highest likelood of being the impact zone of the head. If you want to take the chances of feeling "Free", go ahead, be my guest...but dont expect me to feel sorry for your ass if you go down and have to have 20 reconstructive surgeries to get less than half your face back.

But to answer your questions in order:
Originally Posted by big_sur
I'm doing a paper so what do you think?
ok...i guess ill help.

do you think we should have a helmet law? why? why not?
No. Let people make their own decisions. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. Its kind of like my output on wearing a seatbelt - i dont think it should be mandatory because all it is, is an excuse for the government to land yet another fine on you for something that has no effect on anyone but that particular person and their inconsideration for their friends and family.

limit it to under 18? under 21?
Limit to whoever is under 18 to have to wear a helmet. People under 18 may not be mature/smart enough to figure out how important it is...make it the parents fault...why not.

would you wear one if there wasn't a helmet law?
yes

do you not wear one now?
yes

do you think it provides a false sense of security?
no

does it limit your hearing\sight?
yes, but very minimal. kinda like wearing ear-muffs and not being able to see with all your peripheral vision.

would you pay more insurance or taxes to not have helmet laws?
no

additional thoughts?
See paragraph above.

Last edited by Yamamaha; 12-05-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:23 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

i think the only STREET we shouldnt have to wear helmets on is at the strip because you are usually just sitting in place anyway during the summer haha...

but other than that, even if we didnt have helmet laws i would still wear mine. i can see and hear fine in my helmet, i dont see why you should attempt act tough and not wear one
Old 12-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder

i think it should be up to the rider. if he/she wants to go without one that is their desicion
Old 12-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Good Morning

wheelin22re is an unknown quantity at this point

helmet laws, i think, are very important. even if i'm just testing something out going around the block, i've got a helmet on. after seeing my friend josh's (duder) helmet after his wreck missing about a quarter of an inch from the chin, i'm always going to wear mine.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:15 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Originally Posted by Victum
i think the only STREET we shouldnt have to wear helmets on is at the strip because you are usually just sitting in place anyway during the summer haha...

but other than that, even if we didnt have helmet laws i would still wear mine. i can see and hear fine in my helmet, i dont see why you should attempt act tough and not wear one
Damn right. Can you wear ful face motocross helmets at the strip? Those breath a lot easier.

But I ALWAYS wear a helmet. I've fallen without one and it hurts bad sometimes, I'd hate to fall without one.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:18 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

I think since its supposed to be a "free country" then you should be allowed to do whatever you want if it does not affect others and if that means your stupid enough not to wear a helmet then so be it. We dont want your genes anyway.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:21 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Originally Posted by streetlamp
I think since its supposed to be a "free country" then you should be allowed to do whatever you want if it does not affect others and if that means your stupid enough not to wear a helmet then so be it. We dont want your genes anyway.
So if you fall off the bike and your head explodes into someones windsheild then does it still not affect others?

Quick Reply: Helmet Laws