Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Helmet headset?

Old 08-03-2008, 04:04 PM
where are my balls!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger
Default Helmet headset?

A good buddy of mine noticed that I use my Ipod while riding and said that he is fixing to buy a headset that allows you to use your bluetooth technology, ipod, and any other usb connection device, **edit**plus a radio to talk to other riders**edit**

Has anyone had any personal experience with these things?

I looked at a few online and they are in the price range of 250-350

Just looking for some insight. Thanks

Last edited by Ruger Dooger; 08-03-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Mt Dew Amp = Crack

Ordie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Helmet headset?

I found some bluetooth earphones for the iPod, the ones that go in the ear canal. They were like $90.

edit.. I've been trying to find them online but no luck

Last edited by Ordie; 08-03-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

Robs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these parts

yeah just pick up a set of earbuds.. why spend an additional $300 just to listen to music!?!
Old 08-03-2008, 04:17 PM
where are my balls!?

Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger

well the one device that he was talkin about was a radio that has like a 100 meter radius. . .which is the one thing that raised my eyebrow to talk with other riders. . .
Old 08-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Mt Dew Amp = Crack

Ordie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond reputeOrdie has a reputation beyond repute

hes probably talking about a Chatterbox.

http://www.chatterboxusa.com/products.html
Old 08-03-2008, 04:53 PM
where are my balls!?

Originally Posted by Ordie
hes probably talking about a Chatterbox.

http://www.chatterboxusa.com/products.html
pros and cons?

likes and dislikes?
Old 08-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Mt Dew Amp = Crack

I've personally never used one but there are a lot of people I know that had them. Great for communication on group rides or between you and your passenger.

only con I can think of, without actually using one, is that it hangs of the side of your helmet. probably a little added weight on that side and limits your range of motion to the left.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Robs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these partsRobs750 is infamous around these parts

yeah they are great to communicate with other riders... but... they have to have a communication devise as well !
Old 08-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Mt Dew Amp = Crack

Yea.. that kinda hampers talking to people if they don't have one as well. But the new one with bluetooth you can still listen to music if no one else has one.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

yeah I guess... but is it worth the extra $300 to listen to music and once and a while talking to another rider!

Quick Reply: Helmet headset?