Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Headlight issues...HELP!

Old 10-03-2007, 12:23 PM
where are my balls!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger
Default Headlight issues...HELP!

FIXED IT! Don't ask me how I did it....I just took everything apart, fuses, connections, gas tank, everything....plugged everything back in...and BAM....it worked. pretty sweet...i saved 80+ bux...i was gonna take it to the shop on monday. Nice Nice

So I was on my way home the other day and I'm in bumper to bumper traffic, I notice that my headlight isn't reflecting off the car in front of me, and I found out that my light was blown. SOOOO i was like ok, thats an easy fix. I go drop off the bike and take my truck to the store and pick up a headlight at the local honda dealership, go home, take off the light housing, take off the bulb from the socket thing.....put on a pair of gloves, take out my new headlight bulb, plug it in, and test it....NO LIGHT.

Can anyone tell me how to go about fixing this? All other lights work, brake, and turn signals...just no headlight.

I know this is a long shot, but damn I'm pissed.

Thanks in advanced..

short story:
2002 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
Headlight stop'd
Replaced headlight....didn't work

Thanks again,
Joe

Last edited by Ruger Dooger; 10-05-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi
Default Re: Headlight issues...HELP!

damn honda's and their headlights, for sure thought u were gonna say u had an f3. had the same issue with my headlight, found out it's a common problem for f3 headlight relay boxes or another to cause the headlights to intermittently go out, so now mines hooked up directly to ignition and although i don't have a high beam i never have to worry bout the light going out. skroozeloose would know what to look for though, im sure he'll chime in when he sees this thread.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:39 PM
where are my balls!?

Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger Ruger Dooger

Yea i was hoping steve would get in here and help me out...

Its odd that you say something about the ignition....I've had some issues with that JUST recently...maybe a connection?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:39 PM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

I dont know much about bikes, but... What about fuses, also; did u check the wires? Sometimes the burn, and not necessarily by the bulb end. Also, check (with a test light) the light switch. Try the High beam... Also (with a test light) while everything is off check if you're getting any power to the HL wires. Maybe you just a got a bad replacement. ahahahahahaha
Old 10-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

i was about to mention the fuses
Old 10-03-2007, 12:49 PM
where are my balls!?

Thank you guys for the advice..I thought that maybe i just got a dud bulb...go figure. How would I go about testing the HL? Test light? Is that like a electrical current tester thingy? Two metal prongs with a light...if the light comes on you have a current? right

and I guess I should look up where I will find the fuse box..haha
Old 10-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

yeah there are tools to check current
Old 10-03-2007, 01:49 PM
where are my balls!?

just checked the fuses...the one designated for the headlight isn't blown
Old 10-03-2007, 01:51 PM
where are my balls!?

I tried to use my current regulator...but I didn't know what I could use as my ground...lol so...blahhhhhhhh im aggrevated. Well at least my truck will be fixed and legal to drive on friday. I'll just take back roads till then.. I can't believe she is in pieces in my garage...shit sucks
Old 10-03-2007, 02:09 PM
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

just go to an autoparts while it still light out and buty a test light, i doubt they cost more than $5. all you have to do is ground it, turn ur HL on and put it on the wires. If it turns on then u got current, it not then it you may just be trying the wrong wire, Ex: neg, or high beam. . . Then do the same with high beam on. . . That way you'll know whether you have current or not. . . .

Also, with the test light, check the fuses. Sometimes u cant tell by looking at them. . . . You may just need another bulb, who knows.

Quick Reply: Headlight issues...HELP!